Connor

Well that was a near disaster.... Was what was in my head as I changed. I hope that i can change and get out of here before he comes in.

I changed quickly and head out to nat so we can walk to our next period. I hope he's not in any more of my classes.

~ * ~ time skip to the end of the day brought to you by Connor's inability to deal with Jake ~ * ~

Finally the day is over.
"ELLO!!!"
"GAAAAH!!! KAMIN HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU NOT TO DO THAT!!!!"
I look over and Kamin is dying of laughter. I smile, he doesn't always have a smile like that. He takes out parents absence harder than i do.
"Hey at least i got you to smile," he points out.
"Yeah. Yeah i guess you did."
"SoooOOOooo, you goin' to the rink?"
"I was going to. Do you want to come?" I don't often let him come. Or offer for him to come.
He looks stunned. "Really? You really mean it?"
"If it's JUST you. Yes, i do mean it. But only if its just you. I've been working on something that I want to show you. You can use my camera again as well. You're getting pretty good at using it." he blushes. "Y-you saw the photos?"
"Duh. I go through them like every morning. You took some really nice photos."
"Let's get goin'. The rink starts to empty right around now. And if we hurry we can ditch our stuff at home and get there while the snackbar is still open." (their school gets out at 3:30 the public hours for the rink close at 4:30)
"You...actually... want me to come...?"
"Yes that is what i said. Now come on. I have keys yes but i have to get there when the hours are open."
"Ok."
"Kamin, is there a reason you really wanted to come today?" I asked starting to walk towards home.
"Oh.. uhh.." he rubbed the back of his neck, looked down and blushed.  This was not like him. He was normally a hyperactive, peppy person. It scared me a little.
"This is kinda embarrassing.." he muttered. "I- I , uhh, Ilikewatchingyouskate!"(AN: I like watching you skate!)
"Huh? I didn't get that. Can you please repeat it?" I can handle a lot of fast talking and muttering. It comes from talking to Tallie and dealing with a sleepy Kamin. But when it gets rushed and slurred together? You have a 50/50 chance of me understanding.
"I, um, i said i like watching you skate!" Kamin looked like a raspberry. It was quite and interesting thing to see. His words sunk in. now I was the raspberry.
"Y-you d-do?" he nodded. "But half the time i'm not even doing anything interesting. Im just skating in circles." he looked down shyly.
"But you do it so gracefully. And with all of the spins and jumps it's so cool. Even if you fail at doing a jump, you get back up and do it again and again and again until you get it right! That's not easy. Even though we're only a year apart i-." he stopped himself. And looked anywhere but me.
"You?"
"I," he cleared his throat. "I look up to you!" he blurted.
I felt the heat rise on my face. Now it was my turn to act shy and flustered. I didn't know that he looked up at me. I coughed a little.
"You, um, you do?" he nodded again and gave me one of his signature grins that very few get to see. It left after our parents started to go away for the school year.

~ * ~ time skip to the rink ~ * ~

(AT THE RINK)
I grabbed my skates from where I keep them in the back of the skate rental area. Kamin whent to get snacks and hot coco. And possibly the key to the snackbar. We got here just before closing. So it was still technically open. (AN: ;P) the zamboni was out on the ice cleaning it up for the night. Sorry zamboni guy i'm going to mess it up again. I shook the thought out of my head. Kamin was coming back with the snack stuff. He set it down and jingled something in my face. They were keys. I smirked.
"What'd you do this time? Take them from the cashregister?"
"Nah, sweet talked sharen into giving them." I shook my head.
"You are the best younger brother ever."