Connor

"Um," kamin and I spun to look at Jake "I, uh, have the key?" he cringed. It sounded like a question more than a statement.

"You sure about that?" I said with a smirk. He stuttered and turned red. I chuckled. "Im joking. But if you really do have it. Would you mind handing it over?"

I held and he dropped a familiar blue key into my hand.

"Thank you. Now," I paused and actually looked at the key. I was pleasantly surprised. It was actually the house key -- to the tree house. The tree house that we built when we were kids. I gave a small chuckle. Jake gave me a questioning look.

"Natalie gave me a house key, alright. Just not the house key I meant."

Jake gulped and fidgeted. He cleared his throat.

"I can, uh, get the right key?"

"Nah, don't worry about it. I'll get her key another time. On a different note." I looked at Kamin, silently asking him if it was ok if Jake stayed for dinner. Kamin blinked and shrugged.

"You are welcome to stay for dinner." I said.

"But Natalie is not welcome." Kamin cut in. "Natalie is no longer welcome in our house."

Connor and Kamin looked to Jake for his response. Jake fidgeted again. This was a big opportunity for him. He was being invited to dinner with the guy he wanted to get to know.

"Sure, if you are ok with it, I'd love to stay. I'll go tell It that I'm staying."

Connor and Kamin nodded at that and Jake went to tell Natalie.