Kamin

As Connor and I were getting snacks, I got a call from Natalie. I showed connor and picked up.

"Hello, Natalie"

"Hey, Kamin. Is connor at the rink right now?"

I felt the blood drain from my face and saw connor pale.

"N-no. he's not."

"Ok," Natalie sighed. We hear her talking to someone off the phone. 'See he's not at the rink. We're too late.'

I look at connor. He looks like he's going to break.

"Look, I gotta go. Connor just got home."

"Ok. Well maybe I can catch you some other time."

"Yeah..." I hung up.

"Connor... are you ok?"

Connor looked kinda lost. " I'm gonna go back to the ice. My competition is coming soon. I have to practice. You are welcome to skate if you want."

All I could do was nod as he went back to the ice. I watched as he took off on the ice. Taking angry turns and spins. Watching my soft-spoken, kind brother fall apart on the ice is not something I want to do. I caught Connors attention and once again walked onto the ice. He skated over to me. "I, um, I-I don't want you to get hurt. Should we go home?" I asked him.

He sighed and reluctantly nodded. "It's probably for the best. Sorry that your visit to the rink was cut short. I mean you can skate if you want to but I should probably get off the ice."

I frowned. That doesn't sound right somehow.

"Would you skate with me if I skated? Like not teaching me how to do stuff but like just do laps with me or something."

"Uh... sure. I guess. We could do that old thing that we used to do when we spin around each other." Connors face lit up.

"Yeah! Let's get some skates!"