Kamin

(AN: SURPRISE NEW POV!!)

"You are the best brother ever."

He doesn't realize just how much that means to me. After our parents left...

~ flashback~

*week before middle school starts*

"Your dad and I have decided that you and your brother are old enough to live on your own." Mom looked at Dad and nodded.

"We have decided-," he spoke. "We have decided that you can live on your own for the school year. We will come back every summer."

"The bills are going to be covered and we will send money to you two. We leave on wednesday."

I was confused. Why would they leave? Do they not want us? Are they trying to start anew somewhere without us? WHY?

"B-but," Connor spoke up. He had a broken expression. "But why would you leave?"

"We'll-," Mom started. She looked at Dad. He nodded at her. "We'll tell you when your older."

Connor's jaw tightened at that.

"What about my skating lessons and our dance lessons?" Our parents had an unreadable face. Mom sucked in a hiccuping breath. "You can continue if you wish."

Connor and I had smiles on our faces. Dance,on and off ice, was a big part of our lives. I think Connor's was bigger. After our talk Mom and Dad left to pack their bags. Connor and I went to our rooms. I sat on my bed and stared blankly at my wall. Connor broke, I think. I heard whimpering and want to his room, which, in true sibling fashion, was across the hall. He was sitting on his bed with tears coming down his face. He turned towards me when he heard the door open, already wiping away tears. As if he was going to be strong for me. We spent the night together wondering why our parents would leave us like that. It was from that night on i looked up to him.

~ end of flashback~

My smirk fades into a reserved smile. He gets up to warm up on the ice. I climb up to the top of the bleachers. I pull out his camera and set it in my lap. I watch him lasily skate figureights around the rink. He's so strong. He skids to a stop in the middle of the rink. He looks up at me and inclines his head. I hold up the camera and get ready to take photos and video. He nodded once more and settles into a starting pose.(photo at top) I start filming. He pushes off into a slow spin doing a couple of step sequences and launches into triple axel. He lands it well and goes into a jump spin. This is Yuri Plisetsky program. He skated it as his senior debut. Connor launches into the air and does the first quad. The quadruple salchow, triple toe loop combo. I'm impressed. He landed it too. That particular jump is new to him. He's well into the second part of it now and he is nearing the last jump, the quad toe loop. He lands it and does a combination spin ending the program and striking the ending pose. I stopped the video. We were way past closing hours at this point so it was just us in the rink. Putting the camera down i ran down to connor and onto the ice. He skated towards me so i didnt have to go that far onto the ice. I squished him in a hug.

" that was so cool!"

He was laughing when I let go of him.

"I thought you might like it." he said. "I know you don't really follow the skating stars much but i know you know Plisetsky."

I nodded and smiled at him. We walked off the ice and got more snacks.