Connor

When Kamin picked up the call I was nervous. It was from Talie. When he answered and she asked if i was at the rink I knew something was wrong. She was one of the only people who knew of my skating other than Kamin and my competition friends. I knew my face paled. I saw kamin's go pale. We heard her tell someone off the phone that they were 'too late' and that 'he's not at the rink.' I felt lost. How could she let my secret slip.

"I'm gonna go back to the ice. My competition is coming soon. I have to practice. You are welcome to skate if you want."

I walked away and left him standing there. I knew he was worried for me but my brain wouldn't comprehend that he was worried.

After I had been skating around for a little while kamin came on to the ice. I skated towards him.

"I, um, I-I don't want you to get hurt. Should we go home?" he asked me.

I sighed. It was probably for the best. I was still confused and angry with Talie. Why would she let it slip? Who did she tell? I hope to god and the stars above that it wasn't Jake. if she told jake i might as well quit or move somewhere else. I gave Kamin a nod. "It's probably for the best. Sorry that your visit to the rink was cut short. I mean you can skate if you want to but I should probably get off the ice."

He frowned. He then asked me if I would skate with him and just do laps or something. That sounded fun so I agreed and we went and got skates for him.

~ * ~ timeskip to after skating brought to you by Natalie's betrayal and Connors anger ~ * ~

I was in a considerably better mood as we walked home from the rink. Skating with Kamin had taken my mind off of Natalie.

"What should we have for dinner?" I asked Kamin. It was my turn to 'make' dinner. Kamin can't cook so we usually go out or we order food.

"Sushi?" he suggested.

I gave him a face. "Something i can actually make."

He thought for a moment. "Sushi."

"Really?" I said in a deadpan voice. "I ask you for something that i can make after you say sushi and you just say sushi again."

"But what about those rice things."

"Inari?" (AN: the photo at top)

"Yeah! That! I've seen you make them for lunch when you don't go to dance in the morning."

"You want rice covered in a tofu skin soaked rice vinegar."

Kamin nodded.

"Okay then. I'll make those. When we get back, check if we have any edamame. If we don't. I'll go to the store and pick up some along with some tuna sashimi."

With dinner decided we continued our walk home.

~ * ~ timeskip to them reaching their house because I'm lazy and don't want to walk them home. ~ * ~

As we reached our house, I noticed a peculiar red car in our driveway. The car didn't belong to us and our parents were out of town for the year, so unless they had come back without telling us, which was unlikely, the car could only belong to one person. And that happened to be the one person I did not want to see. I heard Kamin gasp when he saw the car.

"Is-is that," he trailed off, leaving the question unfinished.

"Yeah, yeah that's Natalie's car alright. Though I have no idea why she thinks she can share the one thing I ask her to to keep and then show up at our house like nothing has happened." I said to Kamin. He scowled.

"I don't know who that bitch thinks she is, but she doesn't just spill your secrets and get away with it!" Kamin sain fuming. "You go around back and go through my window, ya'know how like you used to. I'll go deal with tattle tale over there."

I nodded. I adjusted the camera and handed Kamin the keys to the front door.

"Don't cuss her out to much. I still have class with her." I told my brother. With my good mood once again ruined I climbed over the gate and up into Kamins room. I'd climb into my room if the windows didn't look down to the front.