montagne | limit - prologue - [ g ]

"who are you?"

"someone who will stay with you till the limit."

Giles tilted his head, the words not registering in his head well, as he looked up the person in white sitting in front of him with two white wings on their back, their eyes looking into his with adoration and smile warming his heart even more as the both of them sat under the sun.

"limit? what is the limit?" Giles mumbled as he looked back down to his toy soldiers, his small fingers starting to fumble with them again, scenarios filling his head once more.

"we all have a limit, but i'll be with you till yours comes." they spoke with such elegancy that Giles is starting to belief that they are the angels that the church pastors tells him about.

as he fumbles with the plastic soldiers, making his own sound effects as he plays with him accordingly to the scenes in his head, Giles doesn't notice that they're looking at him with tears in their eyes, pain gripping onto their heart as they watched Giles's innocence on display.

"Giles, honey! it's time for lunch, come back in." a women calls from inside the house, making him turn around and yell his reply back and standing up and making his way back into the house, not before looking back to the person that was sitting and looking up at them with teary eyes.

"will i see you again?"

"till the limit Giles, till the limit." they replied, still sitting crossed legged, their white wings glowing in the sunlight.

"that word again. i'll come back, my mommy called me for lunch." Giles said, waving a quick goodbye then making his way into the house, leaving them sitting alone under the sun, toy soldiers laid out in front of them, all upright except one, just like how they remembered.

"i'll do better this time," they whispered as they picked up the toy soldier that was laying down and held it in their hands, "i promise."