mira | here for you [ m ]

slowly lowering your head into the palm of your hands, you let out a sigh and finally slumped down onto the your books, all laid out on the tabletop, laptop left to idle at the corner with tabs after tabs of quadratic formulas and useless videos explaining formulas.

with your head on the table, your mind was a mess and repeating,

'what do i do? what do i do?' over and over again while trying to figure out what you did wrong. was it not enough note taking? or was it just simply your inability to learn things like other can? you were lost, once again.

finally crumbling under the weight of everything and the negative thoughts that plagued your mind, you gave up holding back your tears and just let everything go. tears staining your arms that flowed down onto the pieces of paper that brought you so much stress.

you had to tell someone, reach out to the many people who care, but you just can't, you can't risk them thinking you're weak or that you were as helpless like you always are, you can't risk them looking down at you like everyone else did.

'you have to deal with this alone, show them you're worth something.' your brain screamed the same thing over and over again despite your heart telling you it's okay to turn for help and that doing so doesn't make you any weaker than anyone else.

as you felt everything you every worked so hard for start to crumble, a soft voice called out to you, like a ray or light and hope piercing thought the dark sky, a hand reaching out to you.

Elena's soft footsteps approaching you, the vibrations chasing away the many tiny demons that were once at your foot, holding you down as the water started to rise higher and higher. the closer she was, the further back into hiding they went.

her soft hands lightly landing onto your back and caressing your clothed skin, rubbing up and down your back, her soft words of encouragement and support filled your ears as the cloud that once shut you out from the world dissolved into nothing.

"i'm here for you, breathe, slowly." her voice guided you as you heaved in gulps of oxygen as the air start to clear.

and she stood beside you as you slowly reclaimed back your mind, finally able to raise your head up to look up at Elena with tear stained eyes, reaching out to pull her onto your lap and hold her close to your chest, her hands threaded into your hair and her soft and steady heart beat calmed yours down to an even pace, her voice reassuring you.

looking up at her to see her eyes gazing back at you with a soft smile on her face was a rare sight, she had always been a girlfriend that seemed so tough on the outside and one to never show her smile.

"hello, welcome back." Elena whispered and pulled you under a soft kiss, "you're okay."

pulling away slowly, she stood back up and reached for your hands, "come on, let's go out for a walk to clear your head." and softly tugging onto your hands.

"i can't, i'll lose time-" your lips were soon covered shut by her fingers, keeping the negative thoughts from resurfacing from the darkness once again.

"give yourself a break, we'll comeback and figure it out together, alright?" Elena suggested as she lead you to the door.

"yeah, you're right, the room's too stuffy anyways." you replied as you wiped your cheeks free from tears, closing the bedroom door behind you and not looking back even for a glance.