Chapter 18: The Real Him And The Real Her.

In the next few minutes, Vanessa was profusely thanking God above for the mask she had on.

She remembered the times her foster mother would forcefully take her to the family get-togethers, even though the devil of a woman knew she hated them. Where everyone just had to know her business and all she did before answering each question directed her way was, glare at her mother with such intensity, it would put a grumpy owl at night to shame. Yes. That was exactly what Vanessa felt sitting on the table glued to Marco's side with haughty Drizella just droning on and on.

"Oh hello Arthur! To what do I owe the pleasure?" A woman in her late twenties with beach blonde hair gushed as she made it to their table. The amount of diamonds she had on, could blind a perfectly normal person.

"Yes, Jennifer. It's good to see you too," Marco answered back politely, running his hand through his hair.

"Beautiful Disaster was such magnificence, I have to agree with almost everyone here. But your choice of cast didn't really agree with me," she chuckled shrilly. "No one could have played the character of Aby Abernathy better than me of course." The beach blondie said it with such conviction and such belief, Vanessa almost felt sorry for that woman –whoever she was. Vanessa glanced sideways at Marco who was wearing indifference on his face.

"If I wanted a thirty-year-old woman playing for an eighteen-year-old teen, I might as well would have kissed the astounding response to the movie's launch goodbye, Jennifer. Thank you though.  I'd like to help myself to my appetizer." And just like that Jennifer was dismissed, but clearly the beach blondie did not know when to take a hint as she came forward and swung her eyes on Vanessa.

"And who might you be?"

Vanessa smiled forcefully at her, "I'm Vanessa-" "She's the daughter of the Spanish tycoon who just invested, like a lot into Mr. Davinci's hotel," haughty-Drizella cut her off in between with a fake smile on her lips. Jennifer looked impressed. Obviously the woman was working her head off to extend a hand of friendship towards Vanessa now that she'd heard about her rather promising background. Two other people around them turned around in awe and gathered to make acquaintance with the beautiful woman who was sitting, fuming under her skin, in the dress that she didn't even know cost a mild ten grand.

"Well, your dress certainly looks amazing!" Jennifer squealed, "I was hoping my husband would get me one from the Unveiled Couture collection."

"Uh... err.." she mumbled.

"I know right? They're so fab. I loved the maroon one with the black stones on it," haughty-Drizella continued, with excitement lacing her voice, "My daddy still would buy me that one even though it was the cheapest one out of the collection. Nine point five grand only..."

Vanessa almost choked on her drink and eyed the gushing women. Nine point five grand? Nine point five grand only?! Her monthly salary wasn't even that much! She needed some air. This was certainly too much for her. If the dress haughty-Drizella was talking about, cost ninety five hundred dollars... Vanessa gulped and looked down at her golden skirt.

"Please excuse me..." she muttered, ignoring Marco's gaze and got up to head towards the bathroom. Lord knew she needed to get a reality check.

She walked in a daze into the women's toilet. Thankfully it was empty. She eyed herself in the mirror. The white top with a boat-neck that exposed her shoulders and those tiny cap sleeves... This dress cost more than her monthly salary. Her eyes narrowed on the pearls she was wearing. The makeup she had on.

What was she doing?

This wasn't her.

Finally the fairy had turned the petite nobody into an enchanting princess. But the princess wasn't really a princess. She was still the little cinder girl adorned with bought out gems and silk with stones on it. Of course, the notorious time limit came along with it as a package deal.