Chapter 5: A Millionaire Stalker

Four long months had passed. And apparently. a lot of things had changed. Vanessa's view on a simple, uncomplicating life were one of those many things. It was seven in the morning while Vanessa lay running her fingers through her daughter's soft curls while Cory lay curled into the crook of her mother's neck, snoring softly. In an hour, she would have wake up her daughter, dress her up in her cute red frock, and ask esme to drop her to school, while she got ready for work. 

How she wished her life was just as simple as it was now. But apparently, no one ever got what they wanted from life now, did they?

....

“Ah, Marco… M-Ma-rco.” The blonde haired girl whose name he’d forgotten again whimpered as he continued to move above her in a steady pace. 

The girl came undone beneath him a few seconds later before he could even reach his climax. And it proved to be quite a big turn-off. Completely out of his hazy thoughts, he heard the girl purr and wiggle beneath him, trying to turn him over.

He slid out of her and stood while pulling up his pants.

“Leave.”

His flat monotone made her eyes widen with disappointment.

“B-but.”

“Now.” He did not give her any room for arguments. Minutes later she was up, dressed and moving out of his suite. 

He looked at the time. It was past eleven already. He had to get moving to the diner. If he still wanted to see her that is. 

He walked up to his adjoining massive closet, housing huge mahogany cupboards with a massive dark wood chiffonier. Opening the first drawer on the left, he withdrew his shiny golden Rolex, sliding it on, in one swift motion and moved forward to draw out his button-up, spotlessly clean white shirt and black dress pants. With practiced ease he slid on his black Armani suit and walked out of his room clad in his black leather loafers.

He walked in to the Diner and slid into his usual booth, the last one on the right, with a typical view of a busy street in Manhattan outside. He always sat there watching her. Marco was torn between singling her out to talk to her and walk out as quietly as he came inside. He was a confident man, but in this case, it was quite the contrary. She made him yearn for things he knew he couldn’t have and he was far too attracted to her for his own good. Vanessa, even though was too sexy, he knew better than to dally around with a waitress whose most expensive night out was a three-course meal at Coppelia. 

Over the past three months, he’d seen Vanessa nearly every day when he came here for supper. There was no mistaking the plain confusion and irritation he saw in her eyes but his persistent friendliness and his almost-every-day’s-harmless-flirting, he felt, had somehow grown on her.