Chapter 20: Not Stay Up While You Try To Seduce Me

Start from the beginning

"I want to show you something." Something was in his eyes; he had a wild look in them as if he was wide awake. I could smell his comforting scent of cookies and laundry, from where he was standing—he was very close to me. The only light was from the television and it was casting a blue silhouette over his body.

 “Hunter it’s,” I lazily glanced over to my electric alarm clock. “1:00 o’clock in the morning, I’m tired.” I mumbled drowsily almost falling back asleep. His placed his warm hand at my waist and shook me a little.

“It’s worth it, Cember.” He whispered and I couldn’t say no to him when he practically begging me.

“Ugh, okay. But only because you obviously can’t sleep.” I grumbled pushing my legs over the edge of the bed and rubbing my eyes. He started to get me ready, noticing that I was still half-asleep and too disoriented to move fast enough myself. He grabbed my feet slipping on a pair of socks and then my gray converse. He laced them up before grabbing a jacket from my closet and pulling it over my arms.

My parents were gone once again so we just walked out of the front door. Honestly at this point I didn’t care about my neighbors. They were young at one point, even if I wasn’t doing anything remotely sexual with Hunter they had to understand somewhat.

Plus it was 1:00 am; no one was going to be up at this time. We walked out the length of my concrete steps up to the jeep that was parked in the driveway. Either Hunter didn’t care about my Uncle at this point or he knew his location. I was too tired scold him about it.

I started to doze off while leaning into Hunter. Next thing you know I dozed too far and I fell into Hunters lap face first. I jumped up as quickly as I could.

“Well Cember if you wanted to show me a good time that’s all you had to say.”

I glared at the side of his face. “Shut up. I was falling asleep.”

Hunter drove for 30 minutes out the city a little, where there were fewer lights. I was no longer tired after being in the car, my mind humming about where he was taking me. It was darker around here, a few streetlights here and there but I wasn’t scared and it didn’t creep me out. I knew that Hunter wasn’t any harm to me. I trusted him that much and that was saying a lot.

There was a small brick building across the street from a small candy store and other than that it was houses that were acres apart from each other.

Hunter got out of the car and I followed him until he stopped on the side of the brick wall of the building. I was about to question what he was doing until he started to climb the wall. He did it swiftly and soundless without any falter; it was effortless and never seemed to not dazzle me senseless. He disappeared over the top and I couldn’t see him anymore, I didn’t hear a thing.

Now I was afraid of what was going on; having not brought a phone, only my blanket. Then a rope was tossed down and Hunter peeked over the edge waving for me to come. I huffed not liking it already. I tied my blanket around my waist and climbed the rope with much struggle. Once I got close enough Hunter pulled me over the edge and I fell on top of him. I was tired and breathing hard not paying attention to the fact that I was on him.

“I’m never doing that again.” I said taking a huge breath between every word.

He just smiled at me. It wasn’t a teasing smile, just a smile. I then realized our position and rolled off of him. I was expecting a lewd comment like ‘whoa your breathing was starting the fun for us, so let’s finish it.’ But he said nothing. I wrapped the covers around myself waiting for him to explain what we were doing here.

“Look up.” He commanded softly and I saw hundreds of twinkling stars.

They were bright and beautiful. You couldn’t get a view like this in the city; barely even in the Suburbs. As I looked up at the sky, I couldn’t help but feel thankful that Hunter showed me this.