Jessica: Emotions

Beware of smut.
*Still editing.

'Hey, can we talk?'

'Yeah, what's wrong Chelsea?'

'It's more of an in person thing.'

'Okay...'

'Im going to come over.'

'I'll unlock the door, bye.'

Chelsea's words ran rapidly through my mind. People do not understand what an open ended request like does to someone who panics.

It drives them crazy.

She was on her way here, to my apartment. It looked uninhabited. It was clean. It was clean to the point that it actually didn't look like anyone spent time here. And no one did.

Truthfully, I spent all of my nights with her at her beach house. My toothbrush was there. Nearly all of my clothes and shoes had found a home in her walk in closet. Chelsea claimed she didn't mind. She joked about having to buy more hangers or add a second closet but, what if she really did mind? What if after all these months she wanted to have some space? Or worse, maybe she didn't want me anymore.

I ran through all off the possibilities. We were happy. At least I thought we were. Maybe she wanted more?

"What the fuck." My frustration verbalized.

I sat in silence in my living room as I waited for Chelsea's arrival. Minutes passed like hours as I watched the digital clock on the cable box count upward.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, I could hear heels clicking along the marble floor that lined the hallway outside of my apartment.  From the living room I watched my front door open. Chelsea stepped in, she looked different. Her breathtaking blue eyes met mine. She didn't smile like she usually did when our eyes met. Instead, I watched those blues fill with tears.

"Jessica..." Her voice broke.

"You're leaving me."

"No, I don't want to I just don't know how to tell you."

Panic rushed through my veins. "Tell me what?"

"I..." Chelsea began to talk but my panic twisted itself to an entirely different emotion.

"Did you cheat on me!? Was it Anna?" My words came out colder than I intended.

Chelsea eyes grew wide as her mouth hung open in sheer shock. "What? No Jessica I would never. Anna is married."

"She flew her with you after you quit."

"She's my friend Jessica and I fucking love you. I would never cheat on you."

"Then why put me through all of this? What was so big that you couldn't just tell me over the phone? I've been going crazy over here waiting for you to show up and break up with me."

"I wasn't going to break up with you I just don't know how to deal with the fame that is attached to you." Chelsea rushes through her sentence. All of the words flew out of her mouth in one breath.

"What?" I stared at her blankly. This was all about my fame?

"When they find out we're together everything is going to change for us." Chelsea sat on the couch adjacent to mine. On her cheek a single tear had escaped from her eyes. "I can't believe you thought I cheated on you."

"I was afraid. I'm still afraid."

"So am I."

We sat in silence. Chelsea's eye keep meeting mine and I could tell there was more she wanted to say.