Jared then greets Ella which she blatantly ignores.

This girl totally hates him. Jared thinks. Too bad. She could be the female version of him.

'Take the car and go back to my place. I'll inform dad about your little escapade.' Laura says to Ella.

Ella childishly grits her teeth and then suddenly her eyes brightens and she says in a sickly sweet tone,

'If I take your car then how would you go back? Wouldn't it be better if I just stay with you and then leave together?'

Laura's reply is instant.

'No.' Then she adds, 'I'll just take a cab or something.'

'Or I can give you a ride.' Jared pipes in.

Laura again keeps quiet at this and after a while of persuading Ella, she finally leaves.

Laura leaves a tired sigh.

'Let's go inside.'

As she starts going ahead Jared follows after her.

'So what do you say about the ride?' Jared asks.

'I don't want it. Spending more than a hour in a car was torture enough.' Laura says.

'Why? Does my close proximity bother you, princess?' Jared says in a flirtious tone.

Laura stops on her tracks and turns her head at Jared with one of her eyebrows raised.

After a second she suddenly asks in a curious tone,

'Does that ever work?' She refers to pet name.

Jared gets dumbstruck and then answers in a strained voice,

'Yeah. It does actually.'

I just forgot who I was talking to. He thinks.

..................

'Two shots.' Jared tells the bartender.

After greeting their teammates,they take seats on the counter. Everyone has gone off to the dance floor. Even Grace who rarely smiles. No surprise there.

Laura hates dancing and Jared has no intention of getting laid today so both of them are quietly sipping on their drinks.

Laura notices a lot of eyes boring holes on their direction. Or to be precise, on Jared's direction. But she can't really blame those girls. After all he is a sour sight to eyes.

Without looking away from the dance floor she breaks the silence.

'Why are you sitting here being boring?'

She notices Grace snapping at Reid. He has once again managed to step in Grace's foot. Despite not dancing together. Laura smiles. Only Reid knows how he does that while being so far away from Grace.

'I could ask you the same question.'

Laura turns her face in Jared's direction to see that he's looking right at her.

'I asked first.'

A mocking thoughtful expression crosses his features.

'Well, you're right about that. Let me think. Mmm perhaps because I want to give you company so that you don't feel lonely?'

Jared's last words come out as a question.

Laura says in a fake grateful tone.

'Aww. I didn't take you as a gentleman.'