63) The Great Decision

Start from the beginning

...Right?

After my time with Hidan, I woke up in my bed, alone, but not tied up. For once I was resting freely on my bed, well as free as I could be due to current events, and the continuous shots.

It plays in my mind like a broken record. Why did my body not listen to my brain. I feel so guilty, and so damaged physically and mentally. The wounds on my stomach and thighs patched up in some weird attempt to heal them. My body was sore, and I just felt so broken, and such an idiot.

Konan let out a soft sigh, as she sat on the bed next to me. At this point, I didn't even bother to move. They took everything away from me, so what's the use?

"You need your strength for the meeting." She said as my body slightly shook.

It couldn't have been more than twenty four hours since he...

I felt a horrid feeling in the pit of my stomach, as I swallowed the lump in my throat, squeezing my eyes shut at the horrid pain that followed.

"Go." Was all I could muster, as she frowned.
I closed my eyes and let out a shaky breath. kept swallowing the lumps in my throat, as I felt the need to cry.

She placed the new bowl on the bedside table, replacing the old one that had yet to be touched.

"Please eat... Something." She said as she headed towards the door.
"Do it for the ones you love." She added.
"We'll be having a meeting soon. So I'll be back when it's time." She finished, as she opened the door, leaving me to my own thoughts. The tears finally released themselves, as I just stared at the locked door. I suddenly felt mortified, everything hitting me at once.

It had been a month and there was no word of anyone coming for me. It had been a month since my brother died, and the last time I saw anyone's face. I was sure that I would have heard something about Naruto, but not even he attempted to come to my aid. Then again, maybe it's what I deserved. I did leave him, and the others. I hurt them I'm sure, and now I'm paying for it ten-fold.

I looked over at the bowl of ramen, still piping hot. I couldn't help but think of all the times I took Naruto and Sakura out for ramen. I even thought about Sasuke, and how much I did miss him too.

"What am I doing?" I mumbled to myself, slowly becoming angry.

How could I think such horrible things. If anyone was going to fight his way for me, it was Naruto. He never gives up on anyone, no matter how wrong they are. So there's no way in hell he gave up on me. So why am I giving up on them?

Konan is right, I need my energy. I need to make it home back to those kids. I need to make it home back to Kakashi.

I grabbed the bowl of food, laying it in my lap, the heat making me shiver. I looked down at it for a moment, before forcing myself to take the first bite.

For Team Seven.

*         *         *

Konan came into my room, a quick smile appeared on her face as she noticed the food was gone. She looked back over at me, and frowned slightly, as I just stared at the door.

"I'm glad you ate." She said, as she made her way towards me.
"Pein has called a meeting, so I know you know what that means." She said, as I let out a soft sigh. I allowed her to tie my hands up, and escort me to Pein's office. I kept my head low, and my moments slow.