Part II: Love Fades, Mine Didn't

Intro

Its a new day. Several weeks into summer vacation. Not that you could tell. The sky is grey, and the pitter-patter of rain is ceaseless. Still, Alice is planning a trip anyway. I'm just glad its not the beach. If it was then Alex and I would both strangle her. She's can be pretty impractical sometimes. That's why Alex is helping out. Its very unlike him, but he volunteered. Ah, sorry, I'm rambling.

Allow me to introduce myself. Hi, I'm Luce. I've been living off of my trust fund ever since my parents died in a car accident. I like black cats and rain. My goal in life is pretty fuzzy, but I think I'd like to be a sketch artist. I'm not particularly fond of people, but that's probably because people don't necessarily feel too fond of me. Unless Nathan rubbed off on me.

I live in a little apartment, not far from the centre of the small town, Edgewater. Population 2684. Don't bother looking for it on a map because it's rarely visible on one. I've lived here all my life. Its pretty gloomy here. The sky is always overcast and the town itself hasn't changed much since the mid 1800s. A lot of people are superstitious and we get a lot of gypsies and Roma. About half the houses have been claimed to be haunted. And most are more than a half a century old, just reconstructed. I don't buy into any of the supernatural crap. When people die there go up there; they don't stay down here.

You'd think that our little town is almost untouched by the modern world, but this is untrue. We still have television and cellphones. We still have the painful stereotypes that make you want to commit self-murder at school. The punks, goths, emos, nerds, preps, jocks, posers, wanna be's, we've got them all. The only difference is that they're all ready to kill each other. This past year, sixteen students were murdered in cold blood. One of them was my friend, Lucas. Or Lucky as we called him. Another student, Jared, was behind it all. But he became one of the victims himself. And I saw it.

No, I didn't exactly watch him die, but I did see the corpse. And Nathan. After he killed him.

So now Alice has decided that due to the awful events that transpired that we all need a vacation to "get our minds off it." Well she's nothing if not an optimist. God knows how this trip will go but, hey, no pain no gain, right?