Chapter 20

Luce

Things are slowly coming to together. The man that Nathan killed went by the name Jared. He had a strong disliking for people who he deemed "unholy" and had been known to be violent toward them. For the past three years he has been preparing to "rid the world of evil" as it was written in his journal. He even had a hit list. And sure enough Lucky, Alice, Alex, me, and even Nathan were on it!

Jared has left many lives in disarray and families picking up the pieces. No one can forgive such a senseless act of violence.

One by one the victims are being identified.

One of them was a certain Lucas Hernandez.

Or Lucky as we knew him.

Everyone is devastated.

But no one is more devastated than Adrian.

To kill a friend, a lover, a brother, a son is unforgivable.

But I don't think I'm only talking about just Lucky anymore.

I'm talking about Jacob.

And Nathan.

Now there is nothing left to do but heal.

Too bad we're the exception.

When I come home from a funeral I don't expect to find Nathan waiting for me. It was late, since I had tried comforting poor Adrian, and I expected him to have fallen asleep without me, yet here he is.

"Aren't you tried?" I ask.

He nods.

"Were you waiting for me?"

Again he gives a silent nod.

I pause for a moment stunned that he cared enoug to do so.

"Alright then."

Even when we are both in bed I can't bring my self to fall asleep. I just lie awake, staring into darkness.

Then I feel Nathan shift.

Nathan/Luce

He rests his arm on her back. But he barely puts any weight, as if he doesn't want her to notice. She feels him shift ever so slightly so that his body is in contact with hers. His fingers lightly brush against her bare lower back just below the line of her shirt. She feels him drawing smooth circles against her flesh. Then she feels his hand slip under the thin fabric of her shirt. For a moment he rubs her spine causing a her to shudder.

His touch is light as a feather and if she wasn't so sensitive there, especially to his touch she may not have even felt it. She is very aware of his heat and proximity to her. eventually he runs his hand down her back with a little more force eliciting a soft moan of pleasure from her. His lips curve into his almost smile as he does it again with the same reaction.

Encouraged by this he pulls her shirt halfway up her back. She feels his hand slide up in between her shoulder blades, a particularly sensitive area of her back. He kneads it slowly gauging her response. When he puts a little more pressure a content sigh escapes her lips. Feeling a bit more bold he pulls her shirt off all the way, with her cooperation. As one hand massaged her back she felt his other hand running through her hair.

At the same time he managed to push it off her shoulders. As he works her naked back she feels him press closer, his chin against her shoulder, so that his hot breathe caresses her bare neck. Then she feels his lips against the side of her throat. Her response sharp intake of breathe. He pulls her on top of him in one fluid motion, so her bare torso is pressed firmly to his. As he kisses her neck her breathing gradually becomes irregular.

When she feels him bite a low moan emanates from deep within her. He likes that about her. She isnt annoying like other girls. When he bites she doesn't squeak and turn him off. She actually enjoys it. Which is good because he does that a lot. She doesnt try to take control when he doesnt want her to. She doesn't manage to turn him off like any other girl. Instead she manages to do the opposite. But she isn't just any other girl, now is she? He actually smiles at the thought. She's his girl.

And she was left without a clue as to whether it was a dream or not.