Chapter 49

[JENNY]

Everything happened so fast.

First we heard someone yelled Harris' last name then the next thing that followed was Damien tackling Harris down to the floor.

They definitely caught everyone's attention. Noah took a step back yanking me backwards along with.

"You good for nothing shithead!" Damien grimaced as he threw his fist on Harris face. Blood spurted out of Harris mouth. Damien was straddling on Harris' stomach while he constantly punched his face. Harris was doing the best he could to cover his face with his forearms-- not entirely successful.

I wanted to stop them but Noah held my wrist tightly. He shook his head telling me that butting in would be a bad idea to do right now.

Within a second or two, phones were already out. Everyone else witnessing the scene was recording it on their phones. They were chanting and cheering-- no names in particular. Just a series of wohoos, and ooohs, and yeaahs!!

Damien got up, grabbing the collar of Harris' blazer and dragged him up to stand. He then hurled my friend to a wall rather violently.

"You think you're better than me huh?" Damien grimaced as he pinned my friend against the wall. He's still clutching Harris' collar as he lifted him upward, enough for my friend's feet to part from the floor.

Harris was scratching his nails on Damien's knuckles but the latter tightened his grip. Then, Damien's hand transferred around Harris neck. Harris was still lifted an inch above the floor.

Why is everyone just watching this?! I yelled to myself as I see everyone else appeared to be enjoying the scene rather than feel concerned.

"Noah you have to stop this," I hissed at him in a whisper.

"Why me?!" He whispered back.

"Because he's your friend!" I scorned, still in a whisper.

Noah sighed while running a hand through his black hair. "Jenny, let's just stay out of this. It's their problem not ours."

I gasped in disbelief. This time Harris wailed in pain as Damien kicked Harris' stomach using his knee. He dropped Harris on the floor then stepped on my friend's fingers forcedly like Damien was squishing a bug.

Damien turned around with his arms wide open sideways-- just like what wrestlers and kick boxers do to taunt the audience once they dazed their opponents. "You see that?! You mess with me and I'll fucking beat you losers up for good!" He growled proudly.

To my surprise, Harris was able to stand up and he charged for Damien's back, tackling him down to the floor this time. And thus, another wrestling round began.

I screamed in joy as Harris successfully landed a punch on Damien's nose-bridge. Blood snotted out of his nose. The others, who had been bullied by the bully, cheered and clapped and whistled.

"Why you little--" Damien gnarled while pushing Harris off him. The tables have turned once again and Harris was back underneath Damien.

He punched him over and over again, the punch getting more violent in every hit.

I cried and screamed while whispering to myself: Harris get up please. I glanced at Noah but he just stood there watching with his dead eyes and pursed lips.

After wriggling my wrist free and succeed, I rushed towards the two boys who were still in the middle of the fight. I heard Noah call for my name but I ignored him.

"Stop!" I yelled, grabbing Damien's arm who was about to give another blow on Harris' head. In one swift motion, Damien pushed me, with brute force, into the circling crowd. My butt collided to the floor. But I didn't let that stop me.