Chapter 6

"Earth to Jenny? Are you still there?"

My train of thought was abruptly interrupted by a waving hand in front of my eyes. I blinked and saw Harris standing before me.

I forgot we were at the mall today because he wanted to buy a new outfit to wear on Kesha's party tomorrow. To be honest, I couldn't really see the point of buying new clothes just to impress the cool crowd in a party that we obviously won't belong to in the first place.

But, being my next closest friend next to Nasty (may he rest in peace), I felt obliged to be a supportive friend. Harris specifically ensured that I would accompany him so he'd have someone to judge the new outfit he'll chose.

However, all I've been doing since we got here (actually since yesterday), was think about everything that happened yesterday. It was super hard to believe it really happened. Everything went by so fast it almost seemed like it was only a dream.

Nasty's murder, Noah crying, and... that's right... We kissed.

Noah and Mrs. Emily stayed for the night since their house wasn't ready yet. Because of what happened, it was a bit hard for me to sleep peacefully, especially knowing about the fact that Noah was sleeping in the living room that night. And the fear of him walking in my room with a knife in his hand crossed my mind every couple of minutes.

Instead of responding to Harris, I was only left staring at him with my mind still floating elsewhere. I grunted in frustration and pulled a handful strands of my hair while gritting my teeth.

"Are you okay?" Harris asked, making me realize that I got sucked into the train of thought again. I simply nodded and dragged my attention to the piece of clothing he was holding.

It was a black and white striped sweatshirt.

"So you buying this?" I asked, directing the topic elsewhere. Harris eyes me for a second before responding to my question.

"Yeah," he said excitingly. "I have the perfect jeans to pair this with!"

I smiled at him though a part of my braincells was still stuck on the same frustrating thoughts. I just wished there's a way for my mind to forget about thinking such stuff. It was beginning to irritate me yet I can't really do anything about it.

Harris went to the cashier and decided to buy the stripe sweatshirt while I was left standing beside the cashier counter. Good thing there was no queue so we didn't stay by the cashier long.

After Harris had paid for his item, we headed to the food court. We chose to grab a bite on the burger stand and just chill for a moment before we go home. Not that I'm really excited to go home knowing Noah's going to be there.

It's not like I don't want to see him, in fact it's the other way around. I know to myself that I wanted to see him. And I wanted to see him so bad. But it feels so overwhelming for me that my whole self couldn't handle it.

Besides, I'm pretty sure my heart will just palpitate so fast I might end up in an E.R. The only way I could think of is to avoid him as much as possible.

Heck. When he left, I wanted him to come back so bad. Now he's here, he's presence is breaking my tranquility and I just wished he didn't come back at all.

Aaah. I don't know what I'm saying. I'm honestly, totally confused and frustrated.

"So what will you get?" I was pulled away from my thoughts when I heard Harris's voice. The line had finally vanished and we were standing by the counter.

"The Aloha burger," I said. Harris nodded and told the burger lady my order, as well as his.

I pulled out my wallet from my bag but Harris took my wallet from me while shaking his head.