Chapter 12

"No," Noah answered in my behalf.

The random guy widen his eyes as it directed at Noah, looking completely stunned.

Surprisingly, Harris said the same thing. "Yeah forget it. Tell whoever your friend is to go hit on someone else."

The guy's face scorned but with one more quick involuntary glance at Noah, he turned around and started walking the other direction.

"What was that about?" I questioned them. As usual, Noah wouldn't say anything while Harris only gave me a shrugging shoulder.

"I'm the QUEEN OF FORKS!"

A loud wasted voice screamed throughout the living room area, and as I looked, I realized it was Yara standing on top of a table with no shirt on. Actually, make that nothing on the top since she had just finished unclasping her bra.

The sight of it made me feel bad. It was disgusting, not to mention it was a very bad way of feminine representation.

"Let's go home," I told Harris, tugging the sleeve of his sweatshirt.

"Okay," Harris agreed.

All three of us, Noah, Harris, and I went back to the car. We arrived home safe and sound thanks to Harris' class A driving skill.

To be honest, the entire ride back home was awkward as heck. On a normal basis, two strangers who had spent more than an hour together would have interacted closer now but not Harris and Noah. No matter how Harris initiated a conversation, Noah would either shrug, sigh, grunt, or just nothing. My friend stopped trying halfway and I just felt uneasy for him.

When Noah and I were kids, he was somehow already aloof but he wasn't really that hard to talk to even if he seldomly answer in one-liners. However now, it's like he doesn't want to let anyone inside his little box. Well, maybe he's feeling this way towards Harris only since he did allow himself to accompany Yara back at the party earlier.

You know what? Nevermind.

"See you Monday Jen," Harris smiled before I nodded at him as the window of his side of the car slowly went up.

"Let's get inside," Noah commanded before Harris' car could even disappear from my sight. I basically had no choice but to obey since he had me dragged inside anyways.

Once we got in, we rushed up my bedroom where he's still going to sleep. It was discomforting having a guy in your bedroom, especially when you're well aware you used to adore him.

Oh and plus factor is the fact that you actually made out with him. Partially at least.

Noah shut the door behind him and began to pull off his hooded pullover sweater, just in time when I turned around to face his direction.

I immediately knew I was blushing at the sight of his torso, and I quickly averted my gaze out of impulse. A sigh of entrancement escaped my lips.

He had no shirt on now when he lied his back on his comforter that was placed on the floor beside my bed (the side far from the bedroom door).

I grabbed my jammies and went inside the bathroom to change. When I got out, Noah was staring deeply into the ceiling. His elbows were folded up and the back of his head was resting on his palms.

I tiptoed back to my bed and was all set up to sleep when Noah's voice urged me to open my eyes again.

"Jen. You asleep?" He asked.

"I was going to. Why?" I responded as I rolled over to my side.

I heard him heave a rough sigh. I couldn't really see what he's doing right now since he's spot is out of reach from my eyes but I'm guessing his eyes are still locked towards the ceiling.

"Do you hate me?"

I was taken by surprise with his sudden question. I bit my lower lip, my mind still gathering the right words to tell him.

"N-no," I almost stammered, sweeping my tongue through my lips since it suddenly felt dry.

"Do you love me?"

My eyes circled as my mouth gaped. I slightly lifted my head up, feeling the urge to take a peek at him, but I luckily stopped myself from doing so.

I rolled over on my back and allowed myself to stare at the ceiling too, my arms clasped against my stomach.

"What kind of question is that?" I was literally blushing and I couldn't help but give a flustered smirk.

I wasn't entirely sure what he meant by that question but it's making my guts do a cha-cha.

Do I love him? No. I mean yes. As a friend. I mean when we were eight, he brought me weird tingles and mixed ambiguous emotions, which I still have up until now. I'm just good at resisting it now. But I knew he was someone special for me. Even when I know something's weird in him, I know he's still special for me.

But do I love him?

Darn it! Why did he have to suddenly ask one weird question like that.

As I was still trying to design words and phrases to say inside my brain, Noah had spoke again.

"I do you know," he said and I blushed again.

"What?" I turned my head to his direction, still not literally seeing him face-to-face.

"I love you."

My heart slightly did a tango, and my stomach did a waltz at those three words. A squeal wanted to escape from my mouth but I did my best to hold it in, causing my face to heat up and turn reddish.

He spoke again and I listened attentively, doing my best not to faint out of ecstasy.

"--You're basically the only one I have. And you're the only one I want to have."

When I glimpsed over again to the side, my eyes met with Noah's. He was now sitting while looking directly at me on the bed.

"I'm sorry," he gulped. I noticed how stiff his jaws became and how narrow his eyes went as he stared at me.

"A-about what?"

He crossed his arms on the edge of the bed, leaned forward, and rested his chin between his folded arms. "About your dog."

I felt a stab through the heart remembering Nasty. I bit the insides of my cheeks and slowly turned my head to the other direction.

"--for leaving," he added which made me turn my head towards him again. He wasn't looking at me anymore. His pupils were rolled downward.

I shook my head and forced a smile. "It's like you said, you're here now."

"I just.." he paused for an exhale. "--nevermind. Goodnight."

He went back to lying on his comforter. I slightly got up to take a peek but he was rolled over to his side, his bare back facing me.

With a confused facial expression, I went back to staring the ceiling again. I let random thoughts enter my mind freely and I ended up not falling asleep at all.

Insomnia if one could call it.

I heaved a deep sigh and remained contemplating on things... Things that mainly points out to Noah. His three words echoed throughout my mind again, louder and louder.

I haven't realized that I had fallen asleep.

****
A/N

Sorry for this lame chapter and the previous lame chapter. I'm writing the chapters late at night, where my eyes literally droops down on its own every now and then.

How ya guys enjoying so far?

Something's going to happen guys. Stay tuned x_X