Chapter 20

[JENNY]

Just one more detail. I mumbled to myself in my own thoughts while stroking the tip of the paintbrush on my canvas.

Today's art class was all about painting your emotions.

Being someone unfortunately unblessed with skills, I decided to go to the basics... Again. The usual valley between mountains, complemented by a huge bright sun, birds, and trees.

I can't say I did a good job though. The birds were like the logo of McDonalds. But hey, I did my best.

Through the corner of my eyes, I tried to take a peek at Noah's work. He was sitting next to me. I was astonished at how swift his hand was directing the paintbrush to the canvas. It's like he just moves his hands and voila... It's wonderful.

While stealing glances at Noah's canvas, I noticed something about his painting. I tilted my body slightly to his side to get a clearer view and my eyes widened.

It's as if... He was painting--

"It's you," he cut me off from my conclusion, taking me by surprise. He turned his head to me with the softest smile I never knew he could make.

I blushed with a blink and quickly straightened my position, trying my best to focus on my own work.

Suddenly, our Principal's voice spoke through the announcement speaker after a beeping sound which interrupted the quietness of the class.

"Let us all give two minutes of silence as we pray for the loss of two students of Forks High. Grace Jefferson and Ronnie Jacksons..."

After two minutes, the speaker beeped again and it was back to the own business.

Grace Jefferson, assistant cheer-captain, was found out to be the chopped body that was found in a dumpster days ago.. I mean weeks ago.

Meanwhile, Ronnie Jacksons, center of Forks High basketball team, was also found dead yesterday after missing for days. According to an article I've read on the school website, and online social media, he had two fingers cut off from both hands.

If there's one thing I noticed that's a connection to this, it's that they're both popular and had a high rank in the social status quo.

Harris, on the other hand, noticed something else.

"They both did something before they went missing. Grace humiliated you in the cafeteria and Ronnie... He spanked you in the ass." -- Harris.

I cringed at the memory.

But he did have a point.

However, a part of me is convincing myself to believe that his hypothesis is nothing but a coincidence.

****

[NOAH]

Arts class. My favorite class because it's the only time I get to showcase something I loved doing.

"Killing? Torturing people?"

No you sadistic assh-- I stopped myself with a sigh and just continued with the finishing touches.

Through my peripheral vision, I could sense Jenny was trying to glance over my work. A tiny smirk formed on my lips. A part of me just started showing off and I could sense she was impressed based on the look on her face.

"It's you," I confessed, hiding my blush. The instructions were to paint what we were feeling right now. And to me, Jenny makes me feel anything-- she makes me feel happy, she makes me feel sad, she makes me feel angry.