Chapter 26

~Aria's POV~ 

"What?"  everyone turned towards me, surprised to see me standing there at the door. Harper's eyes darkened as soon as he laid eyes on me. He came closer to me and tightened the blanket around me. Ivy and Javier stood there and nervously looked at each other. Ivy spoke first.

"Javier and your pare-er I mean Stella and Owen talked about the rogue problem, and they realized that what they wanted all this time was you.We need to moveout of here as soon as we can. We cannot risk having them being capable of taking you. Get your things and meet me at the parlor." Before me and Harper could say anything they both left down the hall. I stared at their backs as they retreated. What the hell. Harper grabbed my arm and turned me to face him. I looked up at him with wide eyes, which made his eyes soften. 

"I have a bad feeling about this. We should probably get to packing everything now before it's too late." He gently led me back into our room and started pulling out suitcases. I quickly pulled on my undergarments, a tank top and jeans and started to help him pack up everything. It was such a hassle with me having so many damn clothes. Finally after a few hours of packing and cussing, we stood in front of 9 suitcases. We had Ivy bring us more since everything we wanted to take wouldn't fit in the few we had. Most of  the clothes were mine to be completely honest. As I pulled the last suitcase to the door Harper turned me and pulled me into his arms. I giggled as he nestled his head in the crook of my neck.

"Baby, I just want you to know that no matter what happens I want you by my side. I dont want you to leave my side no matter what. You understand?" He whispered into my ear. his arms tightened around me as I put my head on his chest. I sighed as his warmth seeped into me.

"I wouldn't be able to imagine leaving your side. I swear I'll be there by your side no matter what. I don't want to imagine what I would ever do without you." I pulled back and looked into his eyes. "I love you Harper" I pulled his face down to mine and pressed my lips to his. His arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me impossibly closer to his body. I felt myself quickly relax in his hold. As soon as the kiss started, I pulled back from him. He sighed and gave me a peck on the forehead before moving back and opening the door. I followed after him, thankful that  he took shorter strides for the sake of me being able to keep up with him.  I linked my fingers through his as we started to walk down the stairs to the main entrance. The pack members that had come with us on our journey were already waiting by multiple jeeps.  Hearing us approach they all scampered to fill up the waiting cars. Harper lifted me up into one of the seats, soon following suit and sitting closely next to me.  Owen and Stella didn't see us off but I knew they'd be hiding somewhere watching us leave.

I smiled up at him when he looked at me, glad to know that we're about to be  out of there. As the car started to leave I rested my head on his shoulder. 

"Babe. You wanna know what I just realized?" I said as I stared out the window, the greenery rushing past us. 

"What? you can be honest with me and ill listen." He lay his head on mine and grabbed my hand. 

"This whole time we've been here, around my parents, I felt extremely suffocated. All of the painful memories came back to me as soon as I walked into that door. I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want anyone to worry and leave earlier because of me." I sighed and scooted closer to him.

"Aria. You could've told me, I would've tried to make the best out of it. We may have not left but it would've been more bearable you know?" He squeezed my hand gently. "You can trust me with these kind of things. There's no need to hold back at all." He went silent. I looked up to look at his face. His face was twisted in anger as he stared straight ahead through the windshield. I looked to where he was looking and saw Hayden standing in front of the car. What the hell does he think he's doing?

"This dog didn't get the damn hint did he? I'm going to knock some sense into his hard head." Before I could say anything Harper got out of the car, slamming the door behind me. I watched in horror as he marched over to Hayden and threw the most vicious punch I had ever seen him throw. I screamed and scrambled out of the car, tripping on the way. 
"Harper! Stop! You're going to kill him!" I yelled as I ran towards them. They were a tangle of arms and legs all over the place, patches of fur starting to become visible. Hayden's face was so beaten up that his face was almost unrecognizable. I attempted to pull at Harper's arm but he wouldn't budge. He growled loudly and threw his arm out, hitting me in the stomach so hard I fell a few feet away from them. I sat up and stared at him wide eyed. He stared at me open mouthed on top of Hayden. His chest didn't move at all, his face all bloodied and disformed. Harper had killed him. Harper stood up and ran towards me and scooped me up in his arms.

"Oh baby I'm so sorry I don't know what the hell overcame me. I didn't mean to throw you th-" he started to stutter as he squeezed me.

"Harper. You killed him. Forget pushing me, you killed him! " I cried out.

" I only killed him because he kept sending letters to you! He would threaten to kill you since he couldn't have you. He didn't want to see you happy with me! I couldn't just let him continue threatening you all the time. Today was the last straw for me. I'm sorry you had to see that." He took a sharp inhale before continuing." I didn't mean to push you. All I saw  was red and nothing else. I swear I didn't mean to hurt you. I'll make it up to you" He trembled hard for a second.

"Harper it's okay. You don't have to apologize anymore. We just gotta come up with a story or come up with a way to cover up his death. We can't get caught." I looked up at Harper to see him looking down at me with soft eyes.

"This is exactly why I love you." He grabbed my face and landed a peck on my lips. I smiled but that smile was gone once I remembered the cars that were waiting for us.  I pulled back and pulled at him to get up.

"I love you too. But we should better bet going" I laughed as he quickly pulled me up into the jeep we were in. I settled into his side as we started to move forward. That was probably quite a scene for everyone watching. I watched as Harper pulled out his phone and dialed a few numbers. He held the phone between us on loud speaker as someone's voice spoke on the other line.

"Victor, get rid of that body laying on the side of the road. yes it's him. Leave no evidence behind." I held his hand back before he hung up.

"Thank you" I said into the phone. On the other end something like ' no problem Luna' was heard but it was faint. 

I sat back and smiled. Harper may be irresponsible but at least he knows how to deal with these types of situations. I laid my head back on the headrest and linked my fingers between his. I jumped as screams echoed around me. I looked around in confusion, and saw that the car in front of us flew over the car we in. I screamed in terror as a massive black shadow came straight at us. Harper threw himself over me just as it hit us. I closed my eyes as the car spun around a couple of times,my body straining against the seatbelt, finally stopping when it hit a massive tree. I laid there in shock, feeling the blood running down my face. I looked over to see Harper hanging there limply. I tried to reach out to him, but my body gave up, and soon all I saw was black.