Chapter 21

~Harper's POV~

I guided Aria out of the meeting room after the break was called.  Her being there for me made me feel so much better. The elders not agreeing to be being the new Alpha made me stress way more than it should have.  I've taken over Javier's Alpha duties whenever he had to leave and I managed to do the tasks at hand correctly. I mean, it's going to be a lot of responsibility put on me, and a lot of stress but I can do this. With the help of my Aria I think I can do it.

We got to the kitchen where I sat down on a stool and watched as Aria went straight for the pantry. I've come to realize that she loves the kitchen.I feel like she loves the kitchen than she does me. I wonder what would happen if I picked a fight with her over that. Nah she'd probably kill me with burns. I watched as she came out of the pantry with a bag of cheetos. My eyes roamed over her as she sat down next to me. I flicked on the TV and flipped through the channels. I really love that we can be in silence, and it will never be uncomftorable silence. I reached into her bag of cheetos to get some but she snatched the bag away.

"How dare you try to take some of my food?" She growled, her face turning into a frown. Whoa.

"You don't need to get all riled up over this." I raised my eyebrow at her and watched as she stood up.

"Don't fucking touch my food. I'm not kidding." She stared daggers at me. I genuinely  don't know what's wrong with her. A minute ago she was just fine and cheerful, and now she's all grumpy. 
"Did you not eat anything today besides that?" Of course! When she doesn't eat and is under stress she'll get extremely grumpy. I'm such an idiot for forgetting that.

"NO! I just want to eat my damn food in peace!Even though it's not actual food it's still something! I can't cook!." She yelled at me. I stared in shock as she whirled around to storm out of the kitchen. I leaped forward and grabbed her by the waist and pulled her back into my chest."Harper. Let me fucking go. I just want to eat." She tried to get out of my grip as I lowered my head down to her neck.

"Shut up. I'll make you something to eat." I nuzzled her neck, knowing that she's really sensitive there." You gorgeous idiot."  She relaxed and  leaned into my chest. It really doesn't take me a lot to get her to calm down when she's moody. 

"Screw you." She tilted her head a tad bit  so I could have more access to her neck.

"Wow. That's a real relationship right there." I looked up at Javier standing at the doorway of the kitchen.I didn't let go of Aria as people started to file in.  I sat down on a stool and gently pulled her up onto my lap. I couldn't help but notice how she's still moving stiffly. She keeps on clenching her fists when her legs move too much.

"I'll prepare you a warm bath after this, you should've told me you were still sore" I whispered into her ear. She smacked my arms really hard and hid her face behind her hair. I looked up and saw that everyone was looking at us. I cursed myself for saying that too loud. I thought I said that much lower than I did. I patted her head and laid it on my chest. I smiled nervously at everyone around us as they stared like a pack of hounds.

"What the actual heck?? What did you guys do?" Stella yelled. She started to go around everyone to go for me but Owen grabbed her by the waist to pull her back. Aria jerked in my arms realizing that Stella was trying to get to her. I stood up and put her behind me just in case Stella got loose. 
"Calm down Stella. Don't do anything you'd regret later on." Owen warned her in a hurried tone. 
"I don't care! This hunk of a man took the virginity of my little girl! And she was stupid enough to let him!"She managed to free herself from Owen and launched herself towards Aria. I yanked Aria to the side and held her waist as Owen hurried to grab Stella.

"You are no one to be concerned about what I do. I chose to lose my virginity to Harper because I love him. You have absolutely no say in what I can do or not do. Remember that from  now on you are nothing to me. " Aria finally snapped. Stella stared at her wide eyed as she seemed to have trouble grasping what Aria had said."Let's go Harper." She took my hand and led me out of the room. I certainly did not expect her to snap that way at her mom. I was still thinking about her reaction when out of nowhere her knees collapsed underneath her. I immediatley scooped her up into my arms and carried her up to her room. 
"I just walked too fast and my legs were sore." She muttered lowly. Her arms wrapped around my neck and shoulders tightly as  I carried her up the stairs. I walked into her room and kicked the door closed behind me and proceeded to lay her down in her bed. She winced as she scooted herself back to be laying down comftorably. 

"Do you need anything? Water?" I asked as I sat down next to her and rubbed her tigh. 
"No thank you I'm fine right now." She smiled and put her hand ontop of mine.  She rubbed my fingers gently before taking my hands in hers." Imagine what could possibly be growing in my stomach. I mean we did it without protection so there's a possibility of us being parents soon enough. I'm sort of worried that I won't be a good enough mother." She ducked her head down so I wouldn't be able to see me but I grabbed her chin and made her face me.
"Listen, if you're capable of taking care of more than three kids at a time then I'm pretty sure that you can take care of our pup. I'm pretty excited to be a father, knowing that I'm going to have a family makes me so happy." I 'm pretty sure she's wondering about having to get married before having kids. But little does she know that I have something special planned for her.