Chapter 13~

~Aria's POV~

"You're not human"

Those words echoed around my head, swirling and swirling until it made my head ache.  How am I not human? I mean yeah I'm a wolf, but I still am partly human. There can't be a way that I'm not human. There can't be other creatures out there. A hand rested on my arm, snapping me back into life.
"What do you mean I'm not human?" I snapped, a growl escaping with it. Harper's eyes shot to me in alarm,probably sensing my distress.

"Don't do anything you wouldn't want to do. Let us explain first. We deserve at least that" Ivy held out her hands in front of her as I took a menacing step forward. Harper's arms snaked around my waist and pulled me back gently."Shit her eyes are gray." Ivy murmured,taking a step back.

"What do you mean my eyes are gray?" I turned towards the long mirror by my bed wanting to see for myself. No doubt my eyes were glowing a really stormy grey. I've never seen them this way before.

"What the hell is going on? Why are my eyes gray?" Everyone shuffled their feet uneasily.It was Stella who spoke up before anyone else.

"Well as you now know, you're not our child but the Moon Goddess's. She couldn't keep you up in the overworld since you were too young to be ther and didn't have your powers just yet, thus she sent you down here for us to take care of you until you find them.I don't know if you're aware but what you have on your stomach isn't a tattoo. It's a birthmark. It usually shows up when your powers are about to completely show up.Now that it has shown it means that your powers will start to make appearences. I'm warning you now Aria. It won't be easy trying to contain those pow-" I waved a hand to cut her off.

"You mean these?" I lifted my right hand up in the air, letting some snow burst out. It stopped and fire replaced it. Soon enough electricity started to shoot over my body. Energy consumed my body while making me shake a little bit. " I can't stop it!" I screamed, wanting it to stop already. A burning sensation went through my body, making me crumple in the air. If it wasn't for Harper I would've collapsed onto the floor. My body kind of shook as I tried to control myself.
"Damn, I didn't think you would get them so soon. Well the sooner the merrier." Stella earned herself a glare by me. " You need to control them though. You could cause so  much damage just by thinking about something. You-" Stella cut herself off as if she had said too much already. My body sagged a little bit but it didn't stop myself from lurching forward.
"Tell me more. I need to know more." I mumbled, stumbling  a little bit. 
"No. You need to rest. We'll be leaving now.We'll talk about this later" Ivy interefered, flicking people out of the room. Literally flicked them out.  The room quitened, leaving me and Harper all alone. I didn't speak even as he lay me down on my bed. He followed after me and wrapped his arms around me. He held me closer than usual, making me feel safe. Safer than I have ever been. He didn't say anything, sensing that I wouldn't be up to talking at the moment. It's too much to take in. I don't know if I can handle all of this all at once. Everything built up on me until it felt like I had a boulder on my shoulders. I don't understand, why didn't I figure any of this out before? My thoughts creeped up on me as sleep came to me again.

----------

Light streamed in through the windows, making me groan and shield my eyes. Something tugged at my shirt and I swatted it away before snuggling deeper into my pillow.

"Aria wake up!!! Today's our meet!! You don't want to be late!!" Harper whined, pulling at my legs now. I groaned in realization. I don't want to do any running. Why the fuck did I even sign up? I flipped over to my side and threw myself off of the bed. I landed with a thump in Harper's arms and I gestured for the closet. He let out a chuckle but still took me into the closet. I removed myself from his arms and stared at all of my clothes for a minute. I have so much that it's so hard to choose something. I settled with simple black leggings and a one of Harper's hoodies. He gets frusturated when I use them but never does anything about it.

"Come on. You have your own hoodies." He flicked my nose in mock anger.

"Your hoodies are mine. Deal with it big guy." I cracked a smile as I walked past him. Time seemed to go by and no sooner had we gotten to the school. There were already so many people outside waiting to watch. I jogged to the locker rooms and quickly changed into my uniform. I wish I could just have stayed in the comfort of Harper's hoodie.It smelled way better than this darn uniform. I walked towards the bleachers and sat down and watched as people started their relays. The pistol went off and the people lined  took off. I have to say they're pretty slow. I almost laughed as one of the opposite school tripped in the middle of the track. She kept going even with a bloody nose as the teachers called out to her.
"Hey Aria." I turned to see the perverted coach from the other day." The boy's team for the 1600 is missing a person. So we were wondering if you would want to take his place since you're faster than most here." I cocked an eyebrow at him and thought for a moment. If that means I'll get this over with I'll do it.

"Sure." I stood up and headed towards the gate. Instead of opening it I jumped over it and joined the boys on the line. Harper sent me a wink as I lined up with a person from the opossing school.  Some looked at me and smirked.

"You? A girl? You can't posibbly think you can beat us. We're boys." Someone said, others murmuring in agreement.
"Never judge a book by its cover." I smiled at him before crouching into position. The man at the front waited a few seconds before pulling the trigger of the fake gun. Everyone started jogging at a slow speed. I went extra slow,just to see the guys reaction. I know that I can go on sprinting the whole 4 laps but It would look suspicious. By the last lap I was behind the guy who had doubted me. I went a little bit faster until I ran next to him.
"Hmm, me a girl couldn't make it right? Watch." He stared at me in surprise as I ran ahead, passing everyone. Even though all of these guys are fast I reached the finish line first. Harper greeted me first by grabbing my hips and swinging me around in the air. I giggled and gestured for him to put me down.  I turned around as I heard all of the guys reach the line, sending them a cocky grin.

"I thought I couldn't possibly beat you? " I taunted the guy who had doubted me, making him turn red." Taught you wro-" My words got caught in my throat as I suddenly felt dizzy. The last thing I felt were sparks errupting in my skin.

~Hey!!Sorry I haven't updated. I really have no clue as to what else to write about. Please leave comments as to what I should write next. Thank you!!

~Jessica