Chapter 14

~Aria's POV~

Darkness had consumed my body for who knows how long. It's  become  way too familiar for me now. It's something that's been with me for a long time. I kind of forgot how it feels without it in my life.It had dragged me down to the depths of the earth, sucking me in. Voices floated around me but I couldn't grasp what they were saying. They seem really familiar.....

"Aria" A voice whispered. The gentle voice hung in the dark space.It was like listening to a sweet melody at night. I looked around trying to find the source of her voice."Aria. My daughter." Her whisper became louder as if she was closer.

"Moon  Goddess? Mother?" I called out in the dark. 

"Aria, You must be in confusion. Let me speak and then you can ask questions." I shut my mouth, wondering how she saw me starting to talk." I had to send you to the human world where you could have been safe. Up here in the overworld it was dangerous for a powerful child like you. If I had known what type of family I had put you in I would have hidden you better. I made the foolish mistake of leaving you with Stella and Owen. But for now you need to be careful. There are people seeking you for your powers. Keep in mind that you shouldn't trust anyone at all.They could be seeking your power." 

"What are my powers?"

"Well, you already found one, but you also are able to manipulate the weather and earth. With that power you can destroy the earth or anything you want just by thinking or flicking your hand. The weather will change with your mood no matter what. Another power you have is the ability to-" Her voice started to fade away. I reached out into the dark to try to get her to come back.
"NO!!! COME BACK!!" I Shouted with all of my might, hoping it would work. 
"I'll always be here." Her words rang in my ears before it went completely quiet. I'm so confused as to what is going on. What can I do? How do I use my powers? How do I control them? I need answers, and I need them fast. But how am I going to get out of this darkness? I only rememeber how after the race I started to see the world spin, but what day is it? How long have I been here? I though hard about waking up. Slowly, light came into view, and I could hear distant voices. They seem familiar. I kept struggling with myself until I could open my eyes a little. My body was stiff, making me not able to move an inch.Harper, Ivy,Javier, and Stella and Owen were standing in a huddle infront of my bed, ovlibious of me awake.

"She's too powerful for our own good. We can't just let her walk around like that." Javier spoke in a hushed whisper to everyone else.

"So what the hell are we supposed to do?"
"I say we keep her locked up until she has control of herself." A soft growl came out of Harper.

"No. We will not lock her up. I won't allo-"He cut himself off as he noticed my opened eyes."Aria!" He rushed over to me and swallowed me in his arms. Everyone else joined, but I kept my face blank. 
"Oh my god Aria. You passed out after your race and Harper rushed you back here and we didn't know what to do  until a sorceror came here and he tried to wake you up but now you're awake and..." Ivy stopped her rambling, taking in a deep breath. I blinked at her in confusion. She stared back at me before gasping." She's lost her memory!! She doesn't remember us!!" She screeched, making everyone flinch. Suddenly voices flew into my head, ones I've never been able to hear before.

Shit she doesn't remember me.  I'll help her. I won't give up on her.

"Aria. Do you remember us?" My head snapped towards Javier, staring at him. I made my stare stay blank as I am still trying to grip at things.

"Aria?" Harper's voice came out as a mere whisper but I heard him.I switched my gaze to his, struggling to not launch myself at him. I can't bear showing any affection to anyone right now.
"Aria. Please tell me you remember me" His voice held despair in it, making me feel really guilty. I stared at him for a while, with him staring back at me, before finally raising my hand to touch his cheek. His face leaned against my touch, his hand lifting to hold mine in place. 
"She remembers you." Ivy squealed in joy, but her face fell when i pulled my arm back from Harper's face. "What?" I stared back, wanting to use my voice but something held me back. No matter how hard I tried no words came out. It's frusturating with so much to say but not being able to. I made wild hand gestures, freaking out. I tried to move the rest of my body but it seemed impossible. Weird sounds escaped my throat as I stuggled to move. Everyone stared at me in horror. 
"What's going on?!?!?Why can't she move?" Harper's voice sounded so freaked out. 

Aria!! Ingrid howled in my head, pained that she can't move towards her mate. I stopped for a minute and thought. I stared at the glass of water next to me. Magically as if on command it floated over to me from the nightstand. Everyone stared in awe as it tilted towards my mouth.

"Whoa. That's  more than we expected. She definetley needs to be locked up until she learns how to control it."

Hello readers!! Thank you for reading this short chapter. I'm having difficulties writing this story. There's the stress with my track meets and final exams since it's the end of the school year. When I don't have such a tight schedule I'll update more often!!!

Jessica