Chapter 5

~Harper's Point of view~
As soon as Aria left the classroom I ran after her. No way am I letting her go off on her own at a time like this. She's vulnerable right now. Bursting through the front doors I frantically looked around. I sighed in relief as her scent hit my nose. She had ran into the forest, but I can see her footprints in the grass. I ran along the path, worrying . I love her, but I can't. It's forbidden for me. I knew from the very beginning  that I couldn't fall in love with her since she would eventually get her mate. But I did. I fell for her when I first saw her four years ago.

~Flashback~

I sat down at the foot of my bed and stared at the wall. Javier had made me stay up late last night filing for the Bloodrose Pack. I don't understand why he even does this for them considering our history with them. I guess it's what comes with having such a generous Alpha.

"Hey Harper." Ivy poked her red head into my room. " We got a new girl joining the pack. apparently she was found in the woods on pack land. Come and meet her." She left the door opened for me and gestured for me to follow. Sighing I got up from my bed and followed her. We weaved down the endless hallways until we got to Javier's office. Curled up in a chair in front of him was a little girl, about 14 or 13. Her blonde frizzy hair was up in tight pigtails on top of her head and thick glasses rested on her nose. I will never forget the way she looked around with fear in her eyes, although her face remained blank. Ivy sucked in her breath, taking in her appearance. I immediately knew that she was going to try to give the girl a makeover one day.

"Harper, Ivy this is Aria. Aria this is Harper and Ivy. " Javier shot me a smile before continuing. "From today and on she will be part of our pack. I expect you both to welcome her. Aria, dear, would you like to go with them and walk around? Get familiar with everything?" He smiled warmly at her. She slowly nodded  before standing up. Ivy, beaming, took her hand and we left the room. I have a feeling this girl is going to change us. 

Two years had gone by and Aria had gone through her awkward phase. Ivy had decided she had finally had enough and took her to get a huge makeover, making us wait in the living room during the process. Something about making her feel special.  We sat in silence, awaiting Aria to come down.

"Presenting Aria Butler, gentlemen." Ivy appeared on top of the stairs and bowed like a butler or maid. I don't know. She gestured to someone behind the wall. "Come on don't be shy. They're not going to bite." A few moments passed before long legs stepped out from behind the wall. My jaw went slack, and I could have sworn some saliva came out. Aria's waist length blonde hair is pin straight, pushed off to the side. Her slim  body wore a tank top with really cute shorts and converse. To top that off she had on a denim jacket and her face had light makeup.

"Um are you sure that's Aria? " I choked out. Everyone's eyes voiced the same thing. She giggled, proving that it was her

"Yes it's me Aria silly." At that moment, she looked so happy, more than I'd seen her. It was then when I knew she was the one.

~End of flashback~

I remember everything like it was yesterday. I couldn't even bear seeing her in any sort of  pain. It's like we have a bond, more than a family bond. I reached a big clearing and saw a hunched figure in the grass. It immediately reminded me of when I first saw Aria in Javier's office. She looks as miserable as she was before. I hurried towards her and pulled her into a hug. Almost immediately her arms went around me.

"Why does my mate have to be Blake? He bullied me endlessly in middle school. i could never be in peace without him bothering me. I hate him. I don't want him as my mate." She sobbed into my shoulder, suddenly bursting out.

"Don't worry. I'll be here with you throughout everything. I won't ever leave your side." I whispered while running my hands through her soft hair. She let go of a loud sob and burrowed deeper into my chest.

"How come you couldn't be my mate Harper?" She choked out. "I wish it was you." She let go of more sobs, soaking my t-shirt. But that didn't matter to me right now. She said that she would have preferred for me to be her mate. She wanted me to be her mate. She WISHES it was me.  I pulled her away from me and stared at her face in shock. Her eyes rose to my lips, and quickly flicked up to my eyes. Without thinking  I lowered  my face towards hers. Her lips taste to good .Like vanilla. Has to be the best damn thing I've ever tasted. Her hands went around my neck, entwining her fingers in my hair. My hands flew up to her waist and pulled her closer to my body.  She pulled back after a moment, gasping for air.

" I'm going to reject Blake. I want to be with you. Nobody else." Another sob left her. " I have loved you ever since the very beginning, ever since you showed me how to love and be myself . But I knew I couldn't love you since I would eventually get a mate. But I want you Harper. I love you. I crave you everyday, it drives me nuts how much I want you." She buried her head into my shoulder. I didn't know what to say, or I would've cried, so  I let her cry her heart out, waited until she ran out of tears. Once she was finished we reluctantly headed back to the school . She had to clean herself up first  so I waited for her outside of the girls bathroom. When she came out she shot me a big smile. Smiling back at her we made out way back to the classroom. With the confidence I've grown used to knowing, Aria walked up to Blake. He looked up and smiled.

"I have to talk to you after school." She said, no emotion shown in her voice or face. Blake's face immediately fell, as she took a seat at a different table. I went after her and took a seat next to her, receiving a glare from Blake. I glared right back at him.

---------------

~Aria's point of view~

The whole day my leg was bouncing in anticipation. I can't wait to reject Blake. After I told Harper that I loved him I couldn't get Ingrid  to calm down. She was both happy and mad that I  love Harper and going to reject Blake. I have always loved him but I couldn't express those feelings, me and him would never happen. As soon as the last bell rang Harper and I walked towards the front entrance and waited for Blake. He finally showed up with another dude whom I didn't  know. Blake sent me a smile, which I returned with an empty stare.

"I went through so much bullying. And you were the main one who bullied me. " I started before he could speak." I couldn't sleep at night knowing that you would get someone to beat me up the next morning . Every morning I dreaded waking up. I even considered suicide because of you!!! And now just because were mates doesn't mean I'll forgive you. I felt like shit because of you. I felt worthless.!!!" I stopped for a minute to catch my breath. Harper rubbed my back, which caused Blake to glare at him. He pounced, his eyes trained on Harper. Without thinking my arm flew up into his jaw,  his head snapping to the side. I pushed him back and growled. People around us had already started to stare." I, Aria Butler, reject you, Blake Taylor, as my mate." I said with as much confidence I could muster. Blake's eyes widened, hurt evident in his eyes.

"You better accept the rejection. I don't love you and I never will. I'm in love with Harper." To prove my point I backed into his chest. Feeling his warm chest and his arms around my waist made me calm. Blake stared at me for a moment, pain showing greatly.

"I, Blake Taylor, accept your rejection." He whispered, his voice sounding broken. How could he sound broken for accepting the rejection of the girl he used to bully?.

"And I suggest you stay away from her." Harper growled.

"I will fight for you Aria. I won't stop until I get you." Blake let out a howl before running towards the forest. Now I hope that the Moon Goddess will give me a second chance and give me Harper. She knows what I went through, and understood me every time she visited me. I just hope she will.