15; Tell Me Everything

Next morning, as the sun shined in her eyes, Noelle let out a soft whine and went to pull the comforter over her head until she realized it wouldn't move no matter how hard she tugged on it. She rolled over and opened her eyes, a smile appeared on her face when she came face to face with Jamie.

The night before, after talking in the car for a while, they finally made their way inside and he offered to stay the night with her, which she quickly accepted. She remembered the two had laid in her bed- her under the comforter while he laid on top- but apparently, at some point in the night he had gotten under the comforter and now had most of it wrapped around him, which shouldn't have surprised her, he was always more cold-natured than her.

Noelle watched him breathed in and out a few times as she folded her hands and rested them under her cheek to keep from reaching out to him. She wanted to run her fingers through his bedhead, she wanted to trace his jaw with her fingertips and she wanted to run her thumb over his bottom lip, but she didn't dare touch him because above all, she wanted him to sleep more.

She knew he always had a lot on his mind; missing the ones he had lost, his new career, trying to take care of everyone with that huge, kind, heart of his and now she had laid her own problems on him. The last thing she wanted to do was worry him and pile more on his already full plate.

"Why are you watching me sleep?" Jamie sleepily asked, even with his eyes closed he was aware of her staring at him.

Hearing his words pulled her out of her own thoughts, she had never noticed he was beginning to wake up. She let out a soft chuckle. "Why are you drooling on my pillow?"

"I don't drool." He rolled over onto his back with a laugh, then opened his eyes and turned his head to look at her. "And even if I did, you have no room to talk with your snoring."

"I don't snore." She playfully punched his shoulder.

"I'm sorry, I can't hear you," he joked as he pointed to this ear. "My eardrum is busted from all the loud snoring last night."

"Shut up!" She hit him again when he began to imitate loud snoring to tease her.

She let out a squeal of laughter when he suddenly rolled over and pinned her under him before he began to attack her by tickling her sides. She let out another loud laugh and tried to push him off of her while wiggling under him trying to get away.

She yelled out his name and tried to grab his hands to stop him, she even tried to bite him a couple of times, but nothing could get him to stop- nothing that is, until her shirt rode up some and he saw something on her side, something that looked a lot like a deep scar.

"What's that?" Jamie questioned as he stopped the assault on her sides.

"What's what?" Noelle asked confused until she saw his eyes shift down to look at her side. Suddenly feeling exposed, she pushed him off of her and jerked the shirt down as she quickly sat up in bed.

"Nol, where did that come from?" He looked at her and saw her fold her arms across herself- as if trying to protect herself.

Remembering the scar he saw once on her ankle, he grabbed her leg and pushed the fabric of the pajama bottoms up to look at that mark closer. He lightly ran his thumb over the shorter scar. "And this one? Is this from being chained?"

Noelle shook her head and pulled her leg back. She pulled her legs up and wrapped her arms around them, laying a hand around her ankle to cover the scar.

"There's a couple of swallow marks around my ankle. They're lighter and less noticeable at first glance, those are the ones from being chained," she explained.