11; Questions With No Answers

Next morning, Noelle let out a happy little sigh as she began to come out of a pleasant dream. Despite what happened to her and Erin the night before with Reed, other than a still present headache, she felt good. She felt light and free, and she knew that was thanks to Jamie.

Feeling something on her forehead, she slowly opened her eyes and noticed right off the bat that she was on the couch alone. She reached up and pulled a post-it note from her forehead, quickly recognizing Jamie's handwriting.

A chuckle escaped her lips when she read the words. He teased her about not being able to lose this note, then apologized for leaving before she woke up and promised to call her later that day.

Seeing her purse laid near the coffee table, she leaned forward to slip the note inside, then stood from the couch.

After a quick stretch, she ran a hand through her hair and hoped to tame it some as she shuffled toward the kitchen door. She swung it open and saw Erin and Nicky inside the room. As soon as she walked in they both stopped what they were doing and stared at her, both had identical grins on their faces.

"Morning." Noelle walked further into the room and sat down on a stool across from Erin, who was standing on the other side of the counter drinking from a coffee cup.

Nicky called out a greeting before taking the last bite of her cereal. As she turned to the sink to put the bowl in it, Erin asked Noelle if she wanted a cup of coffee, then asked her daughter to make it for her when she said she would love one.

After placing a coffee cup in front of Noelle minutes later, Nicky stood beside her mother as the two stared at Noelle. She took a sip of the warm liquid with raised eyebrows, when she was done she set the cup down then blew out a breath. "Okay, out with it."

"Why whatever do you mean?" Erin teased as she took a sip of her coffee, hiding a smile behind her cup.

"Come on, I know you two have like, a million of questions." Noelle shot the mother-daughter duo a look.

"Questions?" Erin shook her head, then looked over at her daughter. "I don't think so. What do you think; do we have any questions?"

"Nope. None at all." Nicky grinned.

"I know what you two are doing." Noelle playfully glared at them. "You're trying to act like you're not interested so I'll spill all the details."

She turned her attention to the older Reagan. "It's the same thing you use to do to me and Jamie when we had a secret and wouldn't tell you. As soon as you acted like you didn't care or wanted to know, we will spill it." She gestured toward Nicky, then joked, "And now you have taught the same trick to your daughter. Very shameful, Erin."

The older woman chuckled but didn't say anything as she drank more of her coffee. Nicky looked in between her mother and Noelle, itching to ask the questions that have been on her mind since she saw Noelle and Jamie the night before. She tried to stay disinterested like her mother, but she couldn't do it anymore, she was about to burst and needed answers now.

"So are you and Uncle Jamie, like, together-together now? What all happened last night? Did you two-"

"Nicky!" Erin exclaimed, cutting off her daughter's rapid-fire questions.

"I'm sorry, Mom. I tried, I really did, but I just had to ask," Nicky apologized to her mother, before turning back to Noelle with a grin on her face as she waited for her to answer.

She had always hoped her uncle would date Noelle. It was nothing personal against Sydney, she was just always closer to Noelle. She was around the age now that Noelle was when she was born, and she had heard stories growing up about how she never once cried any time Noelle held her, it was almost like the two already had a special connection.