🎆Prologue🎆

*10 Years Before*

The sounds of glass clinking together filled the good-hearted air upon a rooftop in Seoul, where a large group of people gathered around a long table whilst chatting wistfully.

A middle aged man sat on the end of the table, his eyes glistening at the starry sky he stared upon before glancing at his fellow staff. Pride swelled within him.

"A toast!" A voice beckoned from somewhere on the table, and Bang Shi-Hyuk stood up with his glass of wine high in the air.

His eyes trailed to the young males sitting on the other end of the table, clamped together in a group as they finished giggling over a topic they shared. Their eyes focused on their manager.

"I always believed in them since the beginning, and I believe they will live out the rest of their lives to the fullest! To BTS! And to ARMY!"

The male's eyes glistened with tears as everyone cheered around them, clinking glasses together as they bellowed out "TO BTS TO ARMY".

Namjoon sat on the other end of the table, a wide smile gracing his features as he watched the other members tear up upon their last dinner as a group.

The memories they shared together filled his mind; from funny moments like when Jungkook spanked Hoseok gracefully, to emotional memories like when they won the Daesang award.

Tears began to run down his cheeks as he let out a light sob. And suddenly, all attention was on him.

Namjoon was unable to control his sobs, as he covered his mouth with his hand and lowered his head to shield himself away from the lingering sympathetic stares.

He felt a light pat on his shoulder, as Yoongi's deep voice filled his ears smoothly.

"It's okay, Joonie. You did it. You lived your dream."

The male could tell he was trying to hold back tears of his own, but even he knew the consequences that were going to be held if he released even a single tear.

Namjoon only cried harder at his words.

He felt another light smack on his other shoulder, and he heard the maknae line, including Hoseok, giggle as they jokingly made fun of the embarrassed leader.

Jin's voice suddenly boomed over everyone's taunts, as he screamed at Jungkook for stealing the last chicken. The youngest simply ignored him with occasional glances.

However, even he was unable to contain his small smile.

Namjoon's lips curled into a warm grin, and he lifted his head to reveal his red and sore eyes and trembling lips. They only teased him more.

He felt his insides flutter in pride and accomplishment.

He really did live his dream.

And with the best people he could've asked for.

•••••••••• •••••• •••••••••••• ••••••••••••

Soon the night was coming to a close, as everyone waved each other off for the evening. Apart from BTS. Who were surrounded by gifts such as food and flowers- of which were simply messages of good luck.

Even though the members might still live in the same house afterwards, it would be the last dinner as BTS.

Taehyung was bowing to his lead stylist, who began to cry as she buried her face into his collar, Taehyung let out a lighthearted chuckle as he hugged her back warmly. He'd miss this.

She abruptly pulled back as she gestured to her phone aggressively, tears staining her cheeks despite her current stubborn attitude.

"Call me if you need anything, okay?" She said firmly, narrowing her eyes at him as a warning.
Taehyung nodded again, slightly flustered as she turned on her heel and strode off.

His grin never faltered.

He started to glance around in confusion, searching for a certain face until his eyes caught onto a familiar jacked turning a corner. His eyes widened slightly as he stumbled after it.

The closer he got the more his heart fluttered in excitement.

"Hey, Fe-" he halted abruptly, eyes landing on the couple a few feet away from him.

His heart shattered.

Jungkook stood there calmly, staring down in awe at the male below him- Taehyung's makeup stylist, Felix.

His jaw dropped as he witnessed Jungkook mumble something quietly, before leaning down to kiss Felix's lips, and Taehyung sprinted back around the corner before he could see any more.

He leaned against the wall with heavy breaths. It's as if he just saw a murder.

After a moment Jungkook turned the corner, he seemed surprised to see Taehyung waiting for him with gritted teeth and sharp eyes. Did he do something wrong?

"Taehyung, what's going on?" He asked in concern, touching the boy's shoulder gently as he examined his face. Taehyung's expression hardened.

He was tempted to shove off his warm hand, but decided that might be too much.

"So... you and Felix?" He spat harshly, and Jungkook's hand recoiled slowly. He looked away in guilt.

"Tae, I'm sorry you had to see that. I just- I know you like him as well, but- I just-" Jungkook fumbled over his words, hanging his head low in shame as he glanced over his shoulder in case said boy was listening in.

Taehyung's eyes softened, but his heart was still crumbling in his chest as he sighed and bit his lip.

He didn't want Jungkook to be upset. But how could he let go of someone he's loved for so long so easily?

"Don't worry, Kook. I'm not mad. I'll let him go." He said softly, and Jungkook's eyes widened significantly at the older's words.

"Really?" He asked with a quiet voice, his tone laced with hope. Taehyung nodded wordlessly.

Jungkook almost jumped in joy as he tackled him in a hug, spluttering out thank you's before pulling away and running back around the corner.

Taehyung stood in silence for a while. Until he was sure he was completely alone.

He then bursted into tears and collapsed against the wall, hugging his knees to his chest as he ran his hands through his hair messily.

He couldn't keep in the pained scream rising within his throat.