🚨14🚨

Taehyung was completely silent as he stared at the shiny table within the small and dimly lit room, his wrists sore and swollen because of how tight the handcuffs were.

He sat in the interrogation room.

"Why did you do it?" The policeman asked for what seemed like the fifth time that evening, Taehyung had already recognised him to be one of his old friends.

But he didn't think that was true anymore.

The policeman threw his hands in the air in exasperation when he still didn't respond, glancing at the mirror in frustration just as the door opened slowly.

Namjoon walked in.

He placed his hand on the policeman's shoulder, as if telepathically talking to him, before replacing him in the seat opposite Taehyung.

The policeman hesitantly walked out.

"Tae," he choked out, linking his fingers together on the table as he stared blankly at his once considered brother.

Taehyung lifted his head slightly to meet his gaze, his eyes empty and grey, like he was dead inside.

"Why?" Namjoon didn't bother to try and comfort the boy, his brows furrowed in concentration as he watched Taehyung sigh deeply.

"I don't know." He heard him whisper weakly.

Namjoon held back his scoff.

"I'm not going to accept that answer, Tae. Please, tell me the truth." He pleaded, leaning forward slightly and holding their stares.

Taehyung felt a sting of regret as he leaned back in his chair, the feeling of not being able to cross his arms began to irritate him, but he held his patience.

"I loved him, Joonie." He began, the nickname that once made the ex-leader smile now only makes him frown.

"I loved him so much that it drove me crazy, and the thought of Jungkook being with him drove me insane."

Namjoon listened intently.

"How long have you been seeing a therapist, Tae?" He asked knowingly, his sentence didn't surprise Taehyung at all. He knew his ex-leader was smart.

"It's been 11 years now." He mumbled, hanging his head to stare at his lap.

The room was silent for a moment.

"You said you'd let Felix go, Tae. You promised Kook that night after our last meal together." He interrogated, slight anger lacing his tone and stare.

Taehyung couldn't help but chuckle deeply.

"Would I be any less of a sinner if I just say my fingers were crossed?"

Namjoon sighed and ran a hand through his hair in frustration.

"So you did it because you were jealous, of their relationship, but why would you drag the rest of us into this?" He asked.

Taehyung snapped his head up to glare darkly at him, his hands clenching into fists as his knuckles turned white.

He exhaled through gritted teeth.

"You all helped him." Was all he growled, and that made Namjoon lean back slightly in concern.

"What are you talking about?" He pushed carefully, raising a brow in confusion.

"You helped Jungkook that night. You gave him that determination to ask Felix out," he spat, and Namjoon's eyes widened as realisation dawned on him.

Taehyung continued.

"It was Jin and Jimin's idea to lock them both up in the dance practice room in 2016 when they had an argument. It was Hoseok and Yoongi's idea to convince them to go together to that comeback party in 2018. It was Jimin and yours idea to get Jungkook to ask Felix out."

Taehyung was leaning forward fully now, the handcuff keeping him cuffed to the table digging into his sore wrist and causing blood to ooze from the edges.

Taehyung didn't seem to care. He just scowled at Namjoon with so much hatred, the ex-leader wouldn't even recognise him as his brother.

"You didn't have to kill them, Tae." Namjoon mumbled, searching his eyes for some sort of emotion that held the old Taehyung.

But he found nothing.

Taehyung relaxed slightly and sighed.

"It was never my intention to kill either of them, Joon. Not at first. Anyway." He grumbled, trailing his eyes away to the floor.

Namjoon shivered.

"What do you mean?"

Taehyung slowly looked at him again, a sickening grin plastered on his features.

Namjoon didn't even feel safe in the same room as him.

"In the end I only meant to hurt Jungkook, I didn't mind the fact that I could kill him."

"Why would you do something like that?"

"Why else? Because Jungkook was going to marry him."

This news had shocked Namjoon to the core, and his expression switched to horror as he stared at Taehyung.

It's like a nail dropped. As Namjoon couldn't comprehend a thing that was happening around him.

They were going to get married.

The youngest member of BTS, the person the members basically raised since he was only 14, was going to be getting married to the love of his life.

But now he couldn't, he didn't, because of the man he used to call his brother.

"What's happened to you, Tae?" Namjoon sighed, his expression desperately wanted the old Taehyung back.

Even though he knew that was now impossible.

"I fell in love, Joonie. That's what happened."

Namjoon couldn't take it anymore, and he stood up hurriedly, and ran out of the room, Taehyung deep laughter echoing in his ears.

He barged through the door next to the interrogation room and met the eyes of the other members, including the policeman, and then he stood in front of the tinted mirror.

He gulped noticeably.

Taehyung sat comfortably in his seat, staring straight at Namjoon through the mirror.

Then he lifted his arm, winked with a venomous smirk and licked the blood off of his wrist and handcuff roughly.