Chapter 27: Stay

Namjoon's eyes opened slowly, getting engulfed by the darkness in his room. He turned around in his bed and came face to face with Jin with whom he was sharing the room for the night.

He sat up straight, looking at the window which had curtains on it. It looked like it was very early. He got off the bed slowly, not wanting to wake his friend up.

He reached the window sloppily and opened the curtains a little just to get a glimpse of outside. It was really early, the sun was not the brightest and the birds were flying in the seeming blue sky.

He closed the curtains and tried to get to the table beside his bed where his phone was kept for the night.

Surely, he slept late, everyone in the house did. But he didn't want to sleep anymore. On his phone, it showed that it was six in the morning.

He was in shock to find himself up so early, without any help of the alarm clock. He yawned and stretched his hands while standing.

Lets do something productive.

He freshened up a little and followed his morning routine. He put on some decent clothes and took his phone along with the keys of Jin's bike.

He went out of his room. The whole house was silent, not one soul was awake as everyone would be tired of last night and the parents may come after the noon.

He went out of the house, took out Jin's bike and rode it. It was morning of a Monday, so he could see the school children walking out or waiting at the bus stand. He sighed and continued to ride the motorbike.

His bike came to halt in front of his own house. He got off the bike, kept it helmet at the side and went inside his home.

It was clean, maybe the maids came here everyday to maintain it. He climbed the stairs and went inside his parents room. And there he was met with his dad's photo, hanging on the wall, just above the bed.

It was a family picture, he was there with his mom.

He didn't feel anything, he sure was sad, who wouldn't be? But he got over his dad's incident. If he didn't then his own dad would have been upset.

He went for the door at the corner of the room. And as he opened it, he was met with the sight of these huge shelves with books, again.

He took the book, the one with aloe written on it in the language his dad taught him. He searched here and there for more books written in that language.

He just took a couple of them, because they were hella thick and he would surely take time to read those.

There were so many books in here, in so many languages. He doubted if his dad knew all these languages. He took out a book from one of the shelf, it was written in Japanese.

He didn't know how to read Japanese but he surely could recognise the language as he had a subject related to it when he was younger, but he was never good with it.

He opened it, and went through some pages absentmindedly. He knew his dad didn't know how to read Japanese. He went through some more pages and was shocked.

He was met with the sight of the shining cubes.

The book was not exactly a book, it was a box, just had some pages in front to trick someone. It was hollow from inside, and it had those luminous cubes inside it which helped you to recover.

He closed the book or... the box, or whatever it was and kept it inside the shelf again.

He again picked some random book in some random language he didn't recognise. He opened the book and turned some pages and again shocked to find those luminous cubes inside them.