Chapter 12: Shine

"Okay, let's not panic over the fact, do you have your phone?" You asked Jin, who dropped the boxes that was in his hands and searched for his phone in the pockets of his jeans and shirts.

He shook his head as a response for your question. You sighed, and looked around.

You gasped, "Damn, I left my bag outside which had my phone!!" You said and looked at Jin.

"There's even a close board outside the bakery which means no one's is gonna come for us!!" Jin pointed out which scared you till death, almost.

"I am sure there must be a way, let's not panic." You said, although you were the one who was panic the most here. Oh well, you both were panicking at the same level.

"How will someone get to know whether we are inside!?" Jin said and sat down on the floor in disappointment.

"Oh wait." You saidand took out a hair pin out of your hair. "This always works in the movies."

.

Jimin was waiting at the Starbucks for you. He tried to to call you so Manny times but you weren't responding to his calls. The just rings and then cuts off.

"Don't tell that she ditched me," Jimin said and took a sip of the coffee he ordered for himself while waiting for you.

He took out his necklace that was beneath his shirt. "Is she in danger?" He asked while looking at the necklace's stone. He sighed when nothing happened and took one more sip of his coffee.

Then his mind clicked. "Is she with him?" He asked and looked at the necklace with an intensified gaze. The stone on the necklace shone brightly and he widened his eyes.

First he needed to know who he was. But finally it's seems like he is alone with you which will make Jimin figure him out easily.

His job was to not let him close to you. Thought he doesn't know why, he has to do it was Taehyung's family has asked him to do so.

"Is he with her, alone?" He asked again and the stone of the necklace shone brightly. It could be both, a good news as well as a bad one.

Good, because Jimin could find out who was he. And bad, because they are alone.

He got out of the cafe and went towards his car. He inserted his keys in the car and drove off. It was good thing that Taehyung's family handed him the special necklace. The necklace had the power to tell most of the things about the cursed one.

He never questioned how did they get it but it surely made the task easier that was given by Taehyung's family. The task of not letting them meet, at any cost.

The unfortunate thing at the moment was the necklace had its own limitations. Nobody can get a perfect answer out of it. Anyone has to ask a question that can be answered as 'yes' or 'no', to the necklace. If the answer is positive then the necklace will shine, if not then, it won't.

Complicated. But Jimin learned to use it, somehow.

"Are they at, Nehana street?" He asked as he was still driving. He looked down to his chest to see the necklace. It remained the same. Dull.

"Are they at Mitozo street?" He asked again and hoped for the necklace to give a response. And maybe the luck was on Jimin's side, because the stone on the necklace started shining. This made Jimin smirked.

He turned his car to make a sudden turn on the street. He exceeded the speed limits of the car by changing the gear and headed to Mitozo street.

.

"Why won't it work!?" You screamed in frustration as you let the hairpin in your hand slip and you hopelessly sat down on the ground, trying to think of ways to somehow unlock the door.

"We are screwed." Jin said. "We won't die. I guess we have to wait for someone to come." He said and you obviously agreed with his opinion.

"I don't know that until when do we have to stay here." You sighed after saying. A low growl was heard from your stomach which made you and him alert.

You embarrassedly looked at him, "Sorry, I am kinda hungry." You said with a small smile, indicating that you were embarrassed by the growl emerged from your stomach.

"Don't worry." Jim said and stood up and went to a corner of the small room. There was a small fridge which definitely went unnoticed by your eyes till now. He opened the fridge. "I have ice cream, may be you want it?" He asked to you.

You nodded with sparkles in your eyes. Jin laughed at your small and cute action. He took out the box of Belgium ice cream and handed over to you after closing the door of the fridge. There were many boxes kept on the floor, he put his hand in one of the boxes and took out a spoon and handed it over to you.

"Here, go for it!" He said and you smiled at his enthusiasm. You opened the box of cold ice cream and dipped the spoon in it. Scooping out the ice cream, you ate a bite of it and felt the pleasure slip inside you.

"It's so good!!!" You exclaimed and continued to eat it leisurely.

"So, you never told me about you. Wanna chat?" Jin asked as there was nothing to do for both of you.

"Hmm," you hummed while eating the ice cream. "I mean, I sure, am from a wealthy family. They handle the export and import of medicines in Korea. What about you?" You asked.

"Me?" Jin laughed. "Middle class family. Mom is a housewife and dad is a chef in Gwacheon but mom and I came here for my further studies. He sends money every month and now I run the bakery. And we get the monthly income." Jin explained and shrugged.

"Oh. So you have only mother and father as your family?" You asked curiously.

"Yeah, some uncles and aunts are there but they live far away. You?"

You kept the finished box of ice cream at your side and looked at him. "There my mom, dad and a little brother but he studies in USA, so he ain't here." You said.

"I just wanna ask one thing." He said to you with a serious gaze upon you. You nodded for him to continue.

"How can you freakin' finish a box of ice cream so fast?"

.

😁Yo, I am back! I finished my exams and now I can update.

Have a good people and support the book if you like it. And pray that my results come well.

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee( and there maybe mistakes since it's not proof checked)

—TakahashiHaruko