Chapter 20: Conscious

"So...is it the book?" Liz questioned when she noticed the long staring of Namjoon at the book that just fell.

Namjoon nodded and picked up the book after closing the compartment under the table.

"Your dad sure knew where to hide things. Jungkook! Come here, we found it!" Liz shouted and called Jungkook who was searching for the book somewhere.

He came running towards them and looked at Namjoon who was looking at a particular book. "So, we can save her now?" Jungkook asked.

"I think." Namjoon said quietly and opened the book. He felt nostalgia, when he read the letters in the book. Images of how his dad taught him the language when he young came to his mind.

He started reading it—

Hey Joon! If you found this book then it might be because I am already not present in the world.

I wrote this book, just in case if I am not there to tell you things myself. You don't know many things about our family, Y/n's family.

Y/n has a curse that is...

"Namjoon I apologize to interrupt but, I don't think we have time to read the whole book." Jungkook suggested uneasily.

Liz looked at Namjoon and nodded agreeing with the point that Jungkook has made.

Namjoon hesitated, but then started turning the pages.

I definitely will like to know about this from Y/n herself.

He flipped the pages and searched for something that will her better. And he found it—

If supposedly the curse gets trigger in her body then the bruises formed by it will never heal, never. But in years we have found a way to get relief from it.

The way won't certainly remove her curse, but it will make the curse's reactions less and because of that she will be able to heal. It will take time but at least she can heal.

Can you see a small portable fridge beside the door? Go near it, and open it.

Namjoon looked and searched for a particular box with his eyes. He went towards it and kneeled down opened it. And there was no ice in it, as there should be in a portable fridge, just a small box. He took it in his hands and analyzed it.

It looked simple, nothing more than a mere wooden box. He opened it and there were three shiny cubes kept there. His eyes took a while to adjust with light emitting from the cubes.

He again looked at the book confusedly—

Put those cubes in her mouth and she will be healed, but if it's something major then... It will take time, for what I know. And that's why if the curse is triggered, act immediately.

Namjoon turned the page to look if he had the full information about the cure. Half information could be dangerous in such a situation.

Jungkook and Liz were patiently waiting for Namjoon to scream that he found a way to heal you. Jungkook was tapping his leg eagerly while Liz patiently stood there while looking at Namjoon's back.

Namjoon slowly stood up. "Let's go, we don't have time." Namjoon said headed towards the door quickly. Liz and Namjoon ran behind Namjoon.

Namjoon hurriedly came downstairs. Saving you has to be his priority after his family. After all, his dad's wish was to keep your family safe.

Then his phone started ringing. While running, he picked up the call. "Yes?" He said while coming out of the house, running towards the car, not exactly knowing who was at the call.

"Son!! Please come n-now! Y-Your dad, h-he is—" He hanged the call and halted his steps, after listening to her mother's weeping voice over the phone.

Jungkook went past him and opened the car. But Liz who was coming from behind saw Namjoon and knew something was wrong. She kept a hand on his shoulder, "What happened, Namjoon??" She asked worriedly.

Namjoon didn't move but he gulped loudly. He started sweating, "Dad..." He couldn't continue, his voice cracked.

And just by that one word Liz knew what was happening. "Namjoon..." Liz started but she didn't know what to say, his eyes getting glossy in front of her own.

Namjoon shook his head, as if trying to calm down. The box he had in his, he pushed it towards Liz. "Take one cube and put it in Y/n's mouth, and that will do the work. I can't come...I h-hope you understand. " He told but it was looking like he was trying to stop himself from crying loudly.

Liz nodded. "How will you go..."

"I will do something, you please go and help her as soon as possible." Namjoon said and ran inside the house again. Liz went into the car and asked Jungkook to quickly reach your house.

"Where is Namjoon?" Jungkook questioned before heading.

"Mr. Kim is no more." She said while looking at him. It looked like she had no emotions at that moment, she just said that straight-forwardly. But that sentence was enough for Jungkook to understand everything. So, he quickly started the car and they were driving to your house.

It was feeling like the sun will come out in an hour or so by looking at the sky. The whole night of course went crazily.

They reached to house and headed inside quickly. Liz's eyes instantly met with your parent's figures, who were still by your side. Your mother fell asleep beside you, her head on the couch and body seated on the floor. Your dad was sitting on the sofa stressfully but stood up as soon as Liz and Jungkook entered.

"Where is he?? Where were you? Your phones were dead and I was so worried!!" He exclaimed as soon as possible.

"You probably would like to know the details later. We have cure for Y/n," Liz said and ran towards you. Your unconscious self was lying on the couch just like how Liz saw you before leaving the house, confirming that you didn't become conscious the whole night.

Liz opened the box and found three illuminating cubes there. She didn't waste the time and took one cube and put it in your mouth.

The brightness of the cube spreaded on your nerves, the glowing of it was visible in your body. It was feeling like the light was passing all around in your body, before fading away.

And then you woke up.