chapter 26

unedited bc I'm supposed to be studying

-

It's been a few days since my whiney/being an annoying drunk incident where Harry picked me up from Dylan's and Andy's. I woke up the next morning a note from Harry saying he had sh.it to do, so he had to leave. I didn't have to be Einstein to figure out that he, in fact, was still pissed at me. So, being the amazing person that I am I made a plan to make him less pissed at me, because it made me feel uncomfortable and iffy for some reason.

Therefore, I texted him telling him to come today, and coming over today he was. I was "cooking" us dinner to make it up to him for the whole unnecessary drama that took place at Dylan and Andy's. I couldn't explain what happened or why I had said what I said, it just came out. But I mean, drunk words are sober thoughts.

However, I couldn't cook for shi.t, therefore Chinese takeout is my current lifesaver.

I got everything ready by 6 p.m. since I told him to come over around 6:30. Leah's been staying over at Noel's for a few days now, no surprise there, they've been so clingy towards one another it's discomforting. But that's none of my business.

Don't you think you that's a little hypocritical of you? Have you seen you and Harry together? My subconscious scoffs.

Harry and I are different. We are not dating. We are not a 'thing'. And we are definitely not in love. I don't know what we are but it works and it makes me happy, so I'm not questioning it until it starts to affect me - negatively that is.

You promised him you'd at least try, my subconscious scolds.

That's the thing; I am trying. I'm trying hard not to make fun of his cheesiness, I'm trying not to laugh at his constant PDA which makes us look as clingy as lice on a chimpanzee. The fact that I went all out and ordered all this Chinese meant something. It meant I was indeed trying.

I'm not selfish though, it's part of human nature to put yourself before others. I'm normal - whatever that meant.

My thoughts are interrupted when I hear a knock on the front door. Why is he knocking when he knows he can just come in? Is it a British thing?

"Come in! It's unlocked." I shriek at the top of my lungs.

I hear some rattling and the sound of the door opening from my position on the couch. Then the sound of his footsteps make an appearance making me turn my head towards his direction and involuntarily smile. However, I noticed his slightly lukewarm expression.

"Hey," I dragged out my greeting. "How are you?"

"'M fine." He mumbles, flopping down on the couch next to me. Why's he sitting so far away? I crawl towards his lap and initiate a hug. I wrap my arms around his neck and take in his godlike scent. He slowly, and I think hesitantly, wrap his left arm around my waist.

"Blue de CHANEL?" I ask when I pull back from the embrace.

"What?" He stares at me with perplexed expression.

"Your cologne." I smile softly, trying to get his stubborn a.ss to open up and actually smile.

"Um, yeah."

"Hey wanna play a game?" I ask.

"Uh, I guess?" he states but it comes out more like a question.

"Okay! Basically we have to make constant eye contact," I chirp enthusiastically before dropping the act and a scowl makes its way to my face. "Then you tell me why you're fucking pissed at me instead of being in a sour mood till Judgement Day."