chapter 18

As the movie credits roll, Harry is quick to ask, “Do you think it could work in the real world?”

“Not at all, people get attached to people way too easily, that’s why one night stands have been around for centuries.”

“I think you’re being too quick to judge, it’s not like you’ve ever tried it before… Have you? Like, you know…” A more serious tone springs into him, with suspicion in his widened eyes.

I laugh, “No I haven’t, but only because I know the ending is just inevitable.” I feel my dreary eyes beginning to shut and immediately open them, giving it a stretch.

“You tired?”

“A little.” I prop my elbow on the sofa handle and rest the side of my head onto my hand.

Harry leaves me for a moment, which oddly irritates me; the warmth in his body kept me cozy in his incredibly icy flat.

“Here,” He returns with a white furry blanket and places it over my cold body. “Sorry, I’m not sure how to fix the air condition.”

“It’s alright. Thank you.” I smile at him for his kind gesture.

He leaves me again without saying anything, and returns a couple minutes later.

“Where’d you go?”

“Just checked something in the kitchen.”

“Okay… so, are you gonna stay with me now?”

He gives me that lovely smile I admire and reaches for the blanket to join me.

“Move over Alex, or do you want to be the big spoon?”

I roll my eyes and give him space to lie down comfortably, and I lean my back into his hard chest while he plays with my hair.

“Don’t play with my hair, Harry.”

“Why not?” he continues to twirl different strands of my hair.

“Cause I’ve got split-ends, and it’s not in the greatest shape to be mesmerized by right now.”

“My God, Alex, some of the śhit you say is ridiculous.” I can sense the humor in his tone and I turn around.

“Oh yeah?” I sarcastically raise an eyebrow.

“Yeah, I’m not superficial like you.”

“Well, being superficial isn’t such a terrible thing. Lets be honest, if I didn’t clean up this nicely, you wouldn’t be so obsessed with me.”

“Obsessed? Ha-ha, that’s cute.” He brushes my hair away from my tiresome face.

I wrinkle my nose, and he looks into my half-opened eyes before he leans in for a kiss.

I place my leg over his, urging him to come closer to me, claiming him to myself as he strokes my cheek with his warms palms. I pull myself closer to him, feeling his bulge grow against my thigh. I'm too tired to be as excited as he is, and I feel my mind drifting away from him.

Next thing I feel are his lips parting away from mine.

"Alex?"

"Hmm" I respond with my eyes still sealed shut.

"I'm guessing we should just call it a night."

"Mmm-hmm.”

He gently presses his lips to my forehead, and I can sense his eyes on me as I fall into my dreams.

-

“That’s not how you do it, Alexa!” Wes exclaims as he grabs the cup of flour I was about to throw into the bowl.