chapter 19

I sip on my cup of coffee I purchased at a café on campus, and take a seat beside Harry with that smile that overwhelms me.

“G’morning, Alex.”

I smile in return, with my eyes still drowsy; it’s obvious enough that I’m not much of a morning person.

“You doing anything today?”

I shake my head in response.

“Well, now you are.”

“Sounds good.” I manage to respond in my annoying morning voice.

Our professor finally comes in, and I spend the rest of the lecture dozing off.

“Aleeeeex.” I hear a familiar voice call as my ribs are being tickled.

I slap Harry’s hand away, “Stop.” I move my head around and rest it on the table, away from him.

“Lecture’s over, we need to go.”

I look up, and only to see that everyone has left, and an irritated professor waiting for Harry and I to leave.

“Sorry.” I mumble to the professor as I walk towards the door.

“So, what are we doing today?” I ask as we walk towards the exit of the psych building.

“Somebody’s eager.”

“Oh shut up an just tell me.”

“You’re coming over.”

We walk to his old truck I’ve started to appeal to at the parking lot. He opens the door for me like he always does as a reminder that chivalry isn’t dead yet.

“After you m’lady.” He dramatically bows down as I take a seat.

“You did not just do that.” What a geek.

Throughout the entire ride, all he’s been playing is some band he’s obsessed with. But watching him sing really comforted me in this gloomy morning due to my lack of sleep.

Never start a paper the night before it’s due. Never.

“What are these guys called?” I ask as he sings along a song with odd lyrics.

“Two Door Cinema Club”

“Two Dough Cinema Club? Never heard of them before.”

“No no,” He chuckles, “Two Door Cinema Club.” His accent definitely makes a difference with some of the words he says.

“Oh… Uh-huh.” His pronunciation didn’t help, so I keep quiet until he pulls into the parking valet by his building.

As we take the lift to his place, I watch him demonstrate a devious smile.

"What?"

"What, what?"

"Why are you smiling like that?"

"Like what?" He asks, still smiling.

"You look like a fuçking clown."

His face instantly falls to a grim facial expression. "So rude, Alexandria."

The elevator's door open and I'm welcomed into his place with a breeze, sending goose bumps all over my body.

"Do you have a sweater?"

"Yeah, I'll get you one."

He leaves me alone in the kitchen while he grabs a sweater from me from his bedroom.