A New Neighbor Paying Her A Visit

I was home alone, while my parents were at a Parent Teacher Conference at the school I attend. I always was alone, while my parents were out. I'm 16 years old, and I seem to like being alone. Plus, I don't get along with my parents, anyway. It was a an overcast evening outside, and rain was expected soon.

Just then, the doorbell rang. "Who is it?" I asked.

"Just let me in!" said the unknown person.

"Not until, you tell me who you are!" I demanded.

"I'm your new neighbor!"

Without hesitation, I opened the door, and there stood a man that looked to be in his 70s, with grey hair, thick mustache, and beard. He was wearing a red shirt, blue jeans, and white New Balance sneakers. "My name is Charles!"

"Uh, Hi, Charles," I replied, uneasily. "My name is Ida."

"You got anything to eat?" asked Charles. Someone that I hardly know, comes to my house, and asks for something to eat? A shiver went down my spine. "What did you have in mind?" I asked, a lump forming in my throat.

"Cook me a turkey, and make it snappy!" Charles said, almost yelling. Another shiver came tumbling down my spine.

"I don't have a turkey."

"Cook me a goose! And with lots of gravy!"

"I can do that." I went into the kitchen, and started preparing the goose for Charles. He sat down on the sofa in the living room, and started humming Battle Hymn Of The Republic, in a somber tone.  And each hum got louder by the minute.

This man was starting to creep me out. I should have never let him in the house. And my parents will be home, soon, and they'll kill me for letting someone in the house without their consent. I'm so stupid.

This story was written on September 7th, 2019.

A/N This was based off a writing prompt I came across online. Anyway, don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks! ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤