Chapter 72 - "This is a promise."

Chapter 72

“Please remain behind the line, and do not cross it.” The police officer reminded the gang, who were anxious to get out and see what was going on.

After Harry told Rachel about how he had heard the Kate died, the gang got together and met up at the scene.

All they  figured out so far was that….Kate didn’t just die.

She was murdered.

They were standing at the scene of the crime.

Rachel turned towards Harry who was standing there beside her nervously biting his nails.

“Harry did you happen to talk to Kate before the murder? Did she ever say anything to you as if she were in danger? Or if she was scared of something? Did you see her recently at all?” Rachel asked him as calmly as she could.

She didn’t want to pressure him; he already looked as worried as ever.

Harry bit his lip and slowly shook his head. “Nope, not that I can remember….but a week ago something odd did happen. Being Kate, you don’t expect her to do certain things…but out of nowhere she came over to my house, and…. And apologized for everything she has done to us in the past. I was going to tell you but I never got the chance. It was the weirdest thing, and she didn’t even wait for a response from me, she apologized for everything, and then just walked right out. I just figured there was some catch to it all, and she was really planning something else and trying to trap me. That’s why I didn’t think any much of it.” Harry’s veins tensed in his forehead, as he spoke frustrated.

Rachel was shocked. Kate… apologized? After all those times she had gotten all up in Rachel’s face, threatening to ruin her life because she had taken “harry away from her.” All those talks about revenge, torturing Rachel, almost killing her! Wow, seems like she was all talk talk, and no action. But something inside Rachel…actually felt for Kate. Even after all Kate had done to them all, Rachel still felt bad. IF this was a murder, it was bad. Who knows what was going on in Kate’s messed up life.  For how long? Why it happened, and who did it. No one knew. Rachel did have a heart, and that heart felt for Kate.

Louis, and Liam rushed up at the same time, squishing in beside Rachel and Harry, pulling their girls beside them, and Niall and Zayn  followed along. “Did you find out anything? About what happened??!” Zayn asked out of breath.

Rachel shook her head disappointed. “Nope, they haven’t told us anything yet. I’m surprised they’re even letting us speak right now! These cops are being overly strict, something really bad must’ve happened.”

Louis cursed under his breath and pulled his phone off of his ear. “Dammit! And Maria won’t pick up her phone either! I don’t know what’s going on. I thought since Maria and Kate suddenly became friends, she might have seen Kate recently and known about her being in danger. But only if she picked up her god damn phone!”

Liam clutched on to Louis’ shoulders, calming him down and patting him slowly. “Calm down Lou, we’ll find out what’s going on, but why are you getting so frustrated?”

“Yeah, Lou why are you? It’s not like you liked Kate at all?” Eleanor asked confused.

Louis eyebrows rose, and he sighed. “It’s because… it’s because I think Maria might have something to do with this. I don’t even know why, it’s just that gut feeling telling me it is.”

“Maybe you’re just being paranoid Lou? You don’t know for sure!” Danielle assured him.

“Yeah give it a break Lou! And even if Maria did do it, that Kate bitch deserved to die in the first place!” Nat exclaimed smiling evilly.