Chapter 41 - And another love story is gone.

 Days went by and there was nothing new found out about Stephanie. There was nothing said, nothing discovered. No one knew of her whereabouts, why she had left, or what had happened. She just disappeared, just like that. 

Somewhere in me I felt determined to figure out what really happened and why Stephanie left Zayn and the school like that. But then why should I get involved in something that wasn’t for me to be part of? I had learnt my lesson before so I guess I should just leave it be. I tried to talk to Zayn, but he kept ignoring me and even skipped the past few days at school. Stephanie really left her mark on his heart and now she had dumped him. But for some reason... even though I heard the whole conversation...Ihad this feeling that Stephanie really didn't want to leave Zayn. It was almost as if she were being forced to break up. As if there was a whole other reason behind it. Was there possibly someone making her leave him? I just didn't believe it enough yet. 

Although I did keep a promise, making sure Zayn would stay happy. I didn’t know Stephanie well, but I knew that I did still care about him. For whatever reason she left, I had to be a friend for Zayn and stick by him. He had for me so now it was my turn. 

 It was a windy Wednesday and I struggled to keep my hair out of my face as she walked up to the school. My car was still totaled and I had to look for a new one. Mum let me borrow hers for a while but she took it back now and once again, I was back to walking to school. I searched for Zayn at the same time, brushing strands of hair out of my face every few seconds. l squinted my eyes a bit and finally found him. He was at the basketball court shooting some hoops. He always said music and basketball were the things that calmed him down the most. 

I sighed and decided I would give him some time to start off the day with ease. For now, I’d leave him alone. But at the end of the day, I would make sure I'd talk with Zayn. 

 He needed someone at this time. And I would be here for him, always.

 ---------------------------------

 "Hey Rach!" Liam called from across the hallway, as I struggled to push the door shut while the wind kept trying to keep it open. I turned around smiling at the sight of Liam and Danielle walking towards me linking arms. Danielle looked beautiful as always, with a blue cardigan and beige top on underneath. Her hair was the usual bouncy curls that of course Liam loved.

  "Hey guys! What's up?"

 It was so nice to see them back together again. I never got used to the fact that they broke up, but it was as if that phase in their life never happened.

 "Nothing, we were just about to head off to Art and then we saw you!" Danielle exclaimed still smiling. 

  "Aha, Oh I see." I smiled quickly glancing at my watch making sure I wasn't getting late for class. 

It wasn’t like I cared, clearly at this point in the year I had missed enough days so missing another wouldn’t make a difference, but I needed an excuse to get away. There were too many things on my mind right now for me to be able to focus on keeping an actual conversation with someone else.  

"So, Rach any news on Zayn? Have you had a chance to talk to him yet?" Liam asked becoming serious.

 Of course Liam had already found out about the whole break-up, being Zayn's best friend. Liam and I had even had conversations about it the past few days trying to figure out what we could do to help him out and maybe cheer him up. But really…we just didn't know what to do. Zayn had grown so fond of Stephanie and he wasn’t planning on moving on soon.