Chapter 14 - Zayn's Heart In Payne...

Chapter 14 - Zayn's heart in Payne...

"Hey Niall! Wait up!" I called out to Niall, running as fast as my legs could take me, which was not very fast at all. I was texting him all night and this morning and he hadn't replied, I didn't think much of it until the others told me that Niall looked awfully down today, and sure enough, he did. 

He turned back realizing it was me and waited, but he didn't even force a smile. 

"Is something wrong? You haven't been replying to my texts, and you didn't greet me with your very irritable cheerful mornings" I teased him hoping I could break him into atleast a smile. But, nothing.

"Naw, its nothing, I just haven't been having the best week. My girlfriend broke up with me last night, she needed some space for a while and was in need of a relationship free year is what she told me." He rolled his eyes.

"Eugh, well thank god, I never liked Sasha anyways. That big nose always bothered me." 

Niall stopped walking and glared at me. "You could atleast try and be a little sympathetic."

"Oh, god, sorry, well I'm sure it was for the best. You'll find someone much better." I cleared my throat, "Much better." I mumbled to the side. 

"Yeah I guess, but it's not only that. I don't know why, but Louis has recently been avoiding me for some reason. Every time I try to talk to him he says he'll get back to me and he never does.  I know I did nothing wrong, he was just talking to me a few days ago. When I need him the most he decides to avoid me." He dragged his feet while he spoke. I really felt bad, I never wanted to be one of those girls who forgot about her friends once she found a guy, but I really had no idea this was going on. But I did notice what Niall was talking about a bit in Louis. 

 "You're right though, I've kind of noticed it too. I don't think Louis' avoiding only you, he's been avoiding me too. Apparently, he's had a ride this entire week, and said I don't need to pick him up for a while. Whenever I try to get his attention at school too, he basically waves me off and ignores me. Something's up him." 

Relief was all over Niall's face, "Okay, good. Atleast I'm not the only one who realized. And thanks Rach, I thought for a bit you were avoiding me too, but I was just paranoid. So thanks for being there for me today."

"Aww, I would never Niall, and I'm always here." I patted his back gently.

"So anyways, what's up with you and the curly haired guy? He's actually start paying attention to you now and left his ego aside?" Niall teased placing his hand on his mouth faking that he was shocked.

I rolled my eyes, he knew how much it would bother me if he were to talk bad about Harry infront of me.
"Excuse you Niall, but I do think you're forgetting he has a name. Harry and I are doing fine now thanks. He's really sweet, and there was a whole reason behind why he was acting the way he did, so no need for any horribe comments now. You should start getting to know him, I mean he is going to be around you a lot more anyways because of me. Stop judging people by what you hear and get to know them yourself." I shoved him over with my hip.

"Rach! And no thanks. I'm fine with the friends I have." Niall answered munching on a cookie. 

"Fine, I can't force you to like him, but I wasn't kidding about him being around all the time. And I'll make sure he sits right beside you in the caf." 

He tilted his head back and whined. "Rach, man! Why?"

I laughed, and both of  us continued walking to class together.
---------------------------------

I finally got to geography, in a pretty excited mood. It was funny how this was the class I was looking forward to dreading the most, not only because of how boring it generally was, but I had the teacher that irritated the hell out of me. And now I had come to love it just because Harry was in the class with me. Today I was aware he wasn't going to be, he had to finish another assignment he missed and told me he was  skipping.

I walked in, noticing that my regular seat beside Zayn had been taken by somebody else. It was another guy that usually sat near the front of the class. I would have thought Zayn would have been kind enough  to save the spot for me. I waved at him making sure he knew I was here now. He waved back with his hand low, and he barley smiled. 

What was with every one having a thing for being upset with me? I just sighed, and shrugged it off. I guess I would have to take a seat near the back.  As I walked past Zayn, he didn't even glance up once to look at me. He stared straight ahead of him, with his earphones plugged into his ears and the music blaring that I could hear it from where I stood. I sat down in my seat at the back and pulled out my text book. I took a look at the boy sitting next to me. He looked kind of familiar...I knew it. I realized it was the jock, Liam. What was he doing in geography? I was sure I hadn't seen him here before...

"Hey there." he said sweetly.

I was surprised he was the one to speak to me first. "Hi," I replied, still confused that this was supposed to be the jerk of a jock, Liam.

"Just letting you know so you're not confused, but I've switched classes with Harry, I think it was 'cause he wasn't getting his work done in this class and he thought that he would be better off with something else for the semester. I actually really don't know the entire story but yeah, all I know is that we switched. Sorry for disappointing you if you were expecting Harry." Liam pouted his lips and and smiled. 

I looked into Liam's deep brown colored eyes that were identical to Zayns. He had a sweet welcoming smile that made me immedietly feel comfortable around him. Now this was the guy known for being a complete jerk?

"Oh don't worry, you didn't disappoint me. It's just he never told me so I was a little lost. By the way I'm Rachel, I believe we haven't ever met properly before." I held my hand out introducing myself. No one really shook hands anymore but I figured since it's the most formal greeting, I may as well. 

"Yes, we haven't met. But it doesn't mean I don't remember a girls name who's been in high school with me for years. You're Rachel Morgan right? Well I'm Liam, Liam Payne." he said as he held out his hand and shook mine lightly. Zayn was right, he was much kinder than I thought him to be. 

"Well, of course I know you too, Liam the jock." I said smiling and I let go of his hand. 

"It's nice to meet you, Zayn's told me a lot about you as well."  Liam picked up his pencil and began jotting down some quick notes as the teacher spoke.

"He did? Like what?" I was curious to what he would talk to others about me for. I glanced over and watched him sitting there, bopping his head to his music as usual, and doodling on his little notebook. 

"He's told me how you were the first girl he spoke to here and besides you I was the first person he really got to know here. He thinks you're pretty cool, but of course he was a little disappointed that you didn't show up..." Liam's face fell. 

"Didn't show up? Didn't show up where? I don't remembe---Oh Crap." I smacked my forehead with my hand. I'm such an idiot. How had I forgotten?

I had completely forgotten about the game Zayn had invited me to with all of the drama I had with Harry. "And it's been a week since then. I can't believe it, he never said anything to me about it either. Is that why he's acting like this today?" 

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure, he wouldn't even talk to me today cause he was so upset that I kept trying to cheer him up. He's more independent I guess and keeps to himself. But I wouldn't blame him, I would have done the same." 

"Liam, I've got to make it up to him, I feel horrible!" I exclaimed, and I held my face in the palms of my hands.

"I guess you can always rewind and show up at our next game? It's wednesday after school. Its a big one too, the championships! It would be great if you came." Liam offered in a gentle tone, noticing he was trying to calm me down.

I lifted my head up off of the desk and beamed. "Of course! I'll be there for sure this time! Thank you!" I was so relieved.

"Heres my number just incase you need to ask anything, and just for other purposes. Since I think we might be friends now?" He asked with a cute face. 

"Of course, friends indeed." I replied taking the slip of paper he handed me and put it in my pocket. I looked up and noticed Zayn staring at me. Once he saw I had noticed him he looked away. He really was pissed. 

The bell rang and I watched Zayn gather his things, push his chair in and headed out the door without looking back, or waiting for me or Liam. Except he did take one last glance at me before he left. He pulled the strap of his bag up onto his shoulder, and turned around to leave.

I was going to make it up to him, I promised.

END OF CHAPTER 14!!

Hope you guys liked it!! Make sure to give your comments/suggestions on my Twitter account or on here !:) 

-- Rida xx