Chapter 66 [Part 1] - "Where there is love there is life."

*Before you start reading, at one point, you don't have to, but you can play the song "Wait for you by Elliott yamin." I'll tell you when. You can also do this for the second part as well :) *

Chapter 66

Rachel pressed down on the accelerator of her car as hard as she could, eyes still welled up with tears that were blurring her vision. Her left hand was gripping onto the steering wheel tightly whilst her other hand was clutching onto Zayn’s. His eyes were still swollen shut; she wanted him to know he was safe, that he was in her hands, and that she was going to help him – just as he had helped her.

He was sat in the passenger seat, drifting in and out of consciousness. His face was tinted crimson and the skin around his eyes was already beginning to bruise. He cared so much about her that he had risked his own life to save hers. Zayn Malik was a man of his words, when he said he would do anything for her… he literally meant anything.

Her mind was filled with thoughts as she watched the pavement ahead. It had all happened so fast and she was recounting it like the film of a camera. One second Zayn was on the floor and the other Harry was throwing his fist around. As soon as Harry realized the situation, he, too, fought for Rachel. He couldn’t have possibly known that a simple joke would lead to such violence.

Rachel flipped her attention back to the road and getting Zayn to Eleanor’s apartment. She nervously stepped on the gas pedal with even more force.

Rachel took a quick glance at Zayn while she was driving. He could feel her gaze and slowly parted his eyelids. She cringed at his uneasy state and worriedly whispered “Zayn” whilst letting out a breath.

He forced his puffed lips into half of a smile. “I’m gonna be fine, Rach, don’t worry. Just glad you’re safe.”

The car came to a stop at the front entrance of the apartment, people honking behind for her to move. Ignoring them, Rachel quickly undid her seatbelt and shook Zayn lightly to wake him up. “Zayn? We’re at Eleanor’s apartment now. I’m gonna help you inside, okay?” She whispered to him quietly.

He moaned and opened his eyes again slowly, flashing his long eyelashes up. Rachel couldn’t help but admire.

She swung her car door open and rushed to the passenger’s side to help Zayn out. She carefully wrapped his arm around her neck and undid his seatbelt. He tilted his head up to look at Rachel as she lifted him out of her car.

“Funny how I’m supposed to be the one saving you.” He chuckled to himself.

Rachel let go of her distressed expression to form a smile.

Zayn limped by her side into the apartment.

Rachel had never really visited Eleanor’s apartment before. It was large and mostly covered with high-reaching windows – perfectly designed by Louis, whom of course judged very quickly with his sassy attitude.

She delicately led him up the elevator and into Eleanor’s room.

Her eyes rounded as she peered around the two-story room. Louis was right – this place was… beautiful. It had a romantic vibe, with dark, brown wood flooring and metal railings fencing the spiraled staircase. Windows replaced most of the walls, which were painted white to make the room look even bigger. The nighttime view of London in the living area was captivating. Rachel shook her head trying to ignore the beauty of the flat and focus her attention on Zayn. She helped him sit down on the couch and handed him a bottle of water, gently swiping her fingers along his forehead. “I’ll just go find some bandages to fix up that bruise on your forehead.”

Zayn’s eyes widened. “There’s a bruise on my forehead?”

Rachel giggled. “Don’t be such a baby, you’ll be fine.”