Chapter 1 - Filthy Werewolves

~Alina Garnet~

"Stop it, Eric!" I giggled, because my best friend Eric, wouldn't stop tickling me. "Eric we're out in the forest and we're supposed to be hunting werewolves, not wasting time." I said pushing him away with a smile on my face.

"Fine. Be that way." He grumbled causing me to giggle again. He went and climbed up a tree as I did the same.

It was early in the morning and we were out in the forest where the werewolves did their daily patrol to ensure safety for their pack. Eric and I were hidden high up in the trees so when the werewolves came they wouldn't see us. They'd probably smell us but would think we were normal innocent humans, out and about on a hike in the morning. But we were obviously the complete opposite of that.

We had our bag of highly deadly silver arrows with us, ready to shoot. These arrows would definitely kill the werewolves if shot right.

You're probably wondering why we're trying to kill werewolves and it's because we absolutely despise them. They killed my whole family and killed Eric's mother. We've both been wanting revenge ever since but couldn't do anything because werewolves were superior to us.

But ever since Sebastian Knight came back and became King again which was about a month ago, he changed the werewolf laws and declared humans equal to them. Humans are not being killed or used for slavery anymore as we used to be. We used to be nothing to these werewolves. And I'm pretty sure the only reason the law was turned was because Zander's mate is human. Her name is Rosie, I think.

I heard she used to be his slave and was treated very badly and even raped multiple times. I just don't understand how she can love those vile creatures after everything they've put her through. It disgusts me greatly. I don't understand how any human is okay with werewolves. No one's against them anymore and it angers me. And news has it that Zander has lost his memory and does not recall who Rosie, his own mate is. He was stabbed with a silver knife and the poison spread through his entire body, damaging the memory part of his brain. I've heard that he hates her once again but his family and friends are the only reason Rosie has been saved from his wrath.

But I would not doubt for a second that Zander would hurt Rosie and any other human if he got the chance to. The only thing in his way is his family, but how long can his family hold him back from hurting Rosie and possibly other humans? Not very long at all.

This is exactly why werewolves are never to be trusted, but every human in this goddamn world is too stupid to understand that. They're just happy that the werewolves aren't torturing them anymore. But what they don't understand is that this won't last forever. I know it won't.

Thankfully, I met Eric who's on the same page as me. We decided we would hunt werewolves and slowly kill them all, one by one. We are definitely not enough to kill all these werewolves ourselves and we know it too, but we're hoping to find more willing humans to help us achieve our goal. We have found five or six other humans like us that have joined us, but we need more.

All of a sudden, I heard rustling in the bushes, snapping me out of my thoughts. I immediately got my bow and arrow ready just as a whole group of werewolves came into my view.

I nodded my head towards Eric and we both released our arrows. Eric's arrow missed while mine hit a beautiful grey wolf.

The wolf howled in pain as all the wolves growled looking for us. A couple of the wolves went towards the injured werewolf while the others tried to sniff out our scent.

I smiled smugly as I remembered that they wouldn't be able to find us since we covered our scent earlier which I completely forgot we did but thank god we actually did it.
Just when I was about to send off another arrow, the branch Eric seemed to be sitting on broke off.

I watched in horror as he fell down. All the werewolves suddenly turned to look at him when they heard him hit the ground. Immediately, without a second thought, they attacked him. I let out a high pitched scream in terror as I watched them hurt Eric.
I couldn't lose him. He was my best friend. The only person I had left.

"Please don't kill him!" I yelled at the werewolves but it was too late. They completely ripped him to shreds.

I let out a loud shriek in rage as I reached for my bag of arrows. I was going to kill all these wolves and enjoy every single bit of it. But to my dismay, the bag slipped out of my hands falling to the ground. Now I was really stuck. All the werewolves were growling and trying to climb up the tree to try and get me.

I laughed at their attempts. "You can't get to me! You filthy dogs can't climb! Ha!" I exclaimed smugly, but I quickly realized that, that was a mistake. I frowned when one of the werewolves turned into their human form. And now I completely regretted what I had just said. He started climbing up the tree as I started to panic. I didn't know what to do.

I started climbing up the tree even more but stopped when I felt a searing pain in my scalp. I realized the werewolf in human form, had grabbed me by my hair. I was then thrown off the tree. I closed my eyes waiting for the cold, hard ground to hit me but it never did. Instead I landed on something soft and warm. I looked down to see it was the wolf I had hit with my arrow.

I was surprised to see he hadn't died yet but then I noticed my arrow had slightly grazed him. It wasn't enough to kill him but just enough to cause him a lot of pain and possibly leave a scar.

All the other werewolves approached us but the grey wolf I was laying on growled at them loudly as if telling them to back off.

I was shocked. At first it was because he wanted to kill me himself. But then I realized he was protecting me. I quickly pushed the shock away and decided to take full advantage of this, if I wanted to make it out alive.

"You're being stupid, Danny! She tried to kill you and you're trying to protect her!" The werewolf in human form growled at the injured wolf protecting me, who's name was supposedly Danny.

It looked like they were both having a conversation through their mindlink. Once they seemed to be done, the werewolf in his human form walked up to me, snatching me off of Danny's back. I shrieked as I tried to fight him but it was hard since he was so strong.

"Stop struggling!" He yelled as he twisted my arms painfully behind my back causing me to yelp in pain. Danny growled angrily but the growl came out sounding weak since he seemed to be in a lot of pain as well.

For some reason I felt bad for hurting him, but I pushed the thought away quickly. He's a filthy werewolf. I shouldn't care about him.

"Go help Danny and take him to the pack doctor. I'll handle this little bitch." The werewolf who was in his human form said as he roughly dragged me towards the palace. What an asshole.