Chapter 21 - Attack

I immediately took a few steps away from Danny, my heart pounding insanely. I didn't know what he was doing to me. I didn't want him to make me feel like this. He was making everything so complicated. And I just felt so conflicted.

"It really hurts when you push me away like this." He spoke so softly, I almost didn't hear him. I didn't say anything as my back faced him. I couldn't look at him. "Am I not good enough? Because I'm trying so damn hard Alina. So damn hard! But nothing seems to work. Why do you hate me so much? I get that you hate werewolves but what have I ever done to you?" I didn't answer. I didn't know what to say.

"Alina, I'm tired of this. I'm tired of you pushing me away as if I'm some sort of disease that you need to get far away from. It hurts Alina. I would walk away from you like you want me to. But I fucking can't Alina! I just can't." He growled out in frustration causing me to turn to him in anger.

"Good! Let it hurt! If you can't walk away, then let it hurt you!" I yelled at him, feeling absolutely horrible for the things I was saying to him. I didn't want to hurt him. But in order for me to not hurt him any longer, I had to hurt him right now. "I don't care about you Danny! I hate you and I always will! Just leave me alone already!"

I turned around to face him and there was so much hurt displayed in his eyes. He looked so dejected. "Why?" He asked quietly not looking at me anymore. "Why do you hate me? That's all I want to know. After that, I'll leave you alone. Just tell me why you hate me so much."

I had no answer to that. Absolutely nothing.

"You don't know why you hate me." He stated as he grabbed me by my wrist and pulled me close to him, causing me to gasp. "Because you don't hate me. You just wished you hated me."

"You're wrong." I said causing him to angrily growl at me.

"Don't lie to me Alina!" He growled out as he pulled me up tight against him. I gulped, my heart beating way too fast. "I can feel your heart racing, baby girl." He buried his hand in my hair, pulling my head back so I was looking straight up at him. "Admit it Alina, you want me."

"No Danny!" I exclaimed. "You're wrong, I don't."

"Really now?" He asked with one eyebrow raised before he pressed me back against a tree. He then leaned down and pressed his lips hard onto mine. I froze, tensing up before pushing him away.

"Stop." I spoke firmly glaring up at him. "Don't ever kiss me again like that!" I snapped angry at him for kissing me. He looked angry too as he opened his mouth to say something back when he suddenly tensed up, seeming to focus on something else.

"Rogues." He growled out as he immediately threw his clothes off, before switching into his werewolf form. My eyes widened when I registered what he said. Rogues. Rogues were horrible. They were worse than werewolves, feral even.

Within seconds we were surrounded by five rogues and I felt really scared. I didn't have any of my weapons with me so I couldn't even defend myself against them.

This was really bad. Five rogues against one werewolf and one human. There was no chance of our survival. Danny and I were dying today. Danny stood in a protective stance in front of me, growling at the rogues just as one decided to attack. Danny immediately took off, counteracting the attack before the other four decided to kick in. They all attacked Danny at once, causing me to scream in fear. Fear for Danny.

Danny looked like he was trying hard to fight them off but he couldn't do it. There were just so many of them and only one of him. He wouldn't survive unless I did something. I had to do something. I couldn't let them hurt him like that. I looked around for something I could use as a weapon when I found a broken branch on the ground. I knew this wouldn't do much but it would be enough to distract them and give Danny enough time to get up and fight back.