Chapter 22 - Sneak In

I tried to get them to let me in the room again but all I got was a growl from Zander and a sympathetic look from Rosie. I sat slumped down in the chair, tears falling down my face. I felt so scared for Danny. So scared.

"Hey." I heard someone say and I looked up to find it was Rosie. She had a shirt in her hand and I took it, immediately putting it on.

"Thank you." I said to her as she sat down beside me. I could feel Zander glaring daggers at me almost as if he was saying, 'you hurt my mate, I'll hurt you.'

"I'm Rosie, Zander's mate." She said with a small smile on her face.

"I know." I said back before looking at her. "I'm Alina."

"I know." Rosie replied back shaking my hand. "Danny's told me all about you."

"Then you probably know everything. About how much of a Bitch I've been to him. How I've hurt him over and over again." I spoke quietly not looking at Rosie.

"Can we go talk somewhere in privatw?" She asked as she looked around at everyone listening in on us.

"Sure." I said, nodding my head as I heard Zander growl.

"You're not going anywhere with her Rosie!" He demanded causing her to sigh.

"Zander, I'll be right back." She said but Zander was not having it. He looked really pissed.

"Rosie, don't test me." He growled out causing her to glare back at him.

"Zander please! She won't hurt me. I'm human. She hates werewolves not humans." Rosie said before walking towards the door.

"Rosie, get your ass back here right now! Or else!" He growled in so much anger. You could tell he was not happy that she was disobeying him like that, considering he was the Alpha and everyone was watching.

"I don't mind the 'or else'." She said with a wink before walking out the room. I followed after her, hearing Zander growl really loudly in anger.

Rosie simply giggled when we were outside. "He's so cute." She said causing me to look at her in shock.

"Cute? He's fucking scary. How can you say he's cute when he's controlling you like that? You should be allowed to do what you want. Not be controlled and threatened by him!" I exclaimed.

"He loves me and cares about me Alina. The only reason he said that was because he wants me to be safe. And besides, it's not like I listen to him." She laughed causing me to smile. I liked her.

"Won't he be really mad though?" I asked causing her to nod her head.

"Oh he'll be over the top angry! Definitely! But he'd never hurt me. He might yell at me for a bit but that's about it." She spoke and I raised my eyebrows, recalling the many times he's hurt her before.

"From what I've heard, he's hurt you many times before." I said causing her to sigh.

"Zander and my relationship with him is a bit confusing. There was a reason for all the times he's hurt me. I'm not saying what he's done is right but... It's complicated." She said while I simply nodded my head. "You really don't like werewolves, do you?" She asked and I shook my head.

"They're controlling, murderous, violent, aggressive, angry and overall horrible!" I exclaimed, not understanding how Rosie could be so okay with them.

"Alina, it seems you don't have a good past with them." Rosie said and I immediately snapped my gaze to her.

"How do you know?" I asked surprised she managed to catch onto that much.