Chapter 8 - Control

~Alina~

I was left in the room all bored for pretty much the whole day. Danny came by during lunch to drop off some food and water for me. Other than that he gave me a few glares before leaving.

I honestly didn't care if he was pissed off. He could go jump off a cliff for all I care. My family is a billion times more important than him, who is a werewolf, the very thing that killed my family. The very thing that has killed so many other people before.

I know he was my mate. But the word mate had no significant meaning to me. Mates were a werewolf thing. Humans had girlfriends and boyfriends. Not mates.

The idea of a mate was stupid. Like two people meet for the first time ever and they're all over each other. Like please. I prefer love that is unexpected. Not the mate kind of unexpected, where your walking down the street and BAM! You suddenly and unexpectedly meet the 'love of your life'. But the kind of unexpected where you just don't expect to fall for a person.

I prefer love to be slow burning and passionate. Love that's born truly from the heart. Love that's suspenseful. Where you don't know what will happen next. Love that is almost a little scary and nerve wracking.

Because with mates, you pretty much know you're meant for each other. But with human love, it's all a surprise. Yes it lead to more heartbreak, but that's the whole package. It's part of the experience.

But either way, I wasn't looking for love. That's the last thing I wanted. I just want justice for my family. And Danny should just stop. It wasn't going to work between us ever.

A couple more hours had gone by in which I had took a nap. I was so bored, I had nothing to do. I was now awake and laying in bed, noticing something smelled really good. I turned my gaze to the right, following the scent and let out a small gasp in surprise.

There was a huge bouquet of red roses on the night stand beside me. And they were absolutely beautiful. I picked the roses up and inhaled their wonderful sweet scent, sighing contentedly. I loved the smell of them.

I noticed a card attached to the stem of the roses with a ribbon. I undid the ribbon and took the card. I opened the card and found a note inside in black ink.

To my beautiful Princess,
I hope you enjoy these roses I got for you. Aren't they simply beautiful? Although I gotta say, nothing can ever compare to your beauty, Babygirl. You are simply stunning. I'd really like to take you out sometime, if you'd let me. And I know you don't want us to be together and you want me to let you go. But I can't do that, Jelly Bean. I can't. But don't worry Alina. I'll show you just how much you mean to me. And you will eventually learn to love me.
Love,
Your beloved Idiot # 1

I honestly couldn't believe him. He wasn't going to give up. Which was so bad because I don't want him to get hurt. But hurting him will be the only choice if he doesn't listen to me.

Just as I set the card down with the roses, the door opened and Danny entered. He walked up to me with a blank expression on his face before grabbing my hands, pulling me up flat against him.

Before I could say anything, he had me pressed up against the wall. "What are you doing?" I asked, surprisingly breathless. He was having an effect on me that I didn't like.

Then he started leaning in closer which caused me to realize that he was going to kiss me. "No Danny stop!" I said as I tried pushing him away. It didn't work but he did stop leaning in towards me.

"Alina. Stop fighting this. I know you want this too." He said as he leaned in and pressed his nose into the nape of my neck.

"No! I don't want any of this! Why don't you understand? We'll never be together." I exclaimed as I tried pushing him away again, but he wouldn't budge.