Chapter 10 - Fantasy's

~Zander~

I told Selene to tell me when Danny would wake up because I wanted to have a nice talk with him about his mate and the consequences she will have to face. Usually my dad, Sebastian, would make the decisions since he currently is the Alpha. But he wants me to practice and build skills in being a proper Alpha, so I was going to have to make the decision. Along with my mate. Rosie. Since she is the soon to be Luna. That's how things went. The Alpha and the Luna. They made the decisions together. They led the pack.

I wish I could make every decision myself. Everything would be so much easier. Rosie wasn't even a werewolf. She didn't know all the necessary and important things about werewolves and leading a pack. She was a human.

And I really didn't want to discuss the consequences of what Danny's mate did with Rosie. Rosie's decisions will be stupid. She'll want us to not punish the bitch because Rosie's just stupid sometimes. She'll be all compassionate and shit. She's too nice. She doesn't understand how horrible people can be. If I show the pack, I'm letting things go and not punishing people when they should be, things will get chaotic and everyone will feel it okay to commit crimes.

I kicked open my bedroom door and came in to find Rosie glaring at me with her arms crossed across her chest. "Back?" She asked with a hint of bitterness in her voice.

"Yes. Now move over. We need to discuss the consequences the bitch will face for what she did." I said and Rosie scooted over. I then sat down, facing her and noticed her still glaring at me.

"Stop saying that." She said and I looked back at her confused.

"What?" I asked.

"Stop calling her that. Just because she made one mistake doesn't mean you need to label her horribly." She stated causing me to scowl in annoyance. This girl was so damn annoying. I don't understand how I ever put up with her before my amnesia.

"She tried to kill my best friend." I growled lowly causing her to sigh.

"Look Zander." She said her voice softening as she grabbed my hand in hers, her touch bringing me a sense of calm I really badly needed. "I understand she hurt Danny. He's my friend too and I care about him a lot. Just like you do. But you also have to understand she's his mate. Danny wouldn't want her hurt. Imagine how Danny would feel if his mate was taken away from him. It's like snatching your dad away from your mom. Remember how your mom was without him." Rosie said causing me to growl.

"Do not bring my parents into this! They are a whole different matter." I said, my eyes bright with anger. I don't remember ever knowing about Sebastian being my real dad until now because of my stupid amnesia. But I did remember how miserable my mom was up to what I remember.

"No they aren't Zander." She said as she now stroked my hand with her thumbs. "They are mates. Just like Danny and his mate. Danny will be miserable like that too without his mate. You wouldn't want his whole life to be spent in misery now, would you?" She asked.

I hated how absolutely right she was.

"I guess not." I grunted in response. "But she did try to kill him and that shouldn't be left forgiven. He's her mate. She should have some respect for him. She should love him, not hurt him. He cares so much about her."

"Yes, what she did wasn't right. She shouldn't have done that, especially to her own mate. And yes she should try to love him or at least accept him, especially since he cares so much about her." Rosie said and as she said that, she made sure to pointedly look at me which caused me to look away.

I couldn't help but now realize the irony of what I said about how she should love Danny and respect him because he was her mate and he cared a lot about her. But wasn't I doing exactly what the redhead was doing? Wasn't I hurting Rosie, not respecting her, not loving her even when I knew she was my mate? How can I say the redhead should be doing that when I myself wasn't doing the same? It wasn't right and I was now realizing it.