Chapter 15 - Back Home

I was finally back home and it felt so great. I felt so happy to see my house. I felt so happy knowing I'd see my best friend/stepsister Thalia again.

I immediately ran up to the front door and rang the doorbell. The door soon opened and Thalia appeared. She stared back at me in shock before rushing forward and engulfing me in a tight hug.

"Oh my god Alina! You're alright! I thought something happened to you, I was so worried. You have no idea." She exclaimed as her eyes filled up with tears.

"I'm fine Thalia, but Eric isn't." I said hugging her back just as tightly, my eyes filling up with tears at the thought of him.

"What happened? Where is he?" She immediately asked pulling away and looking behind, trying to see if Eric was with me or not.

"He's dead." I whispered out just as I started sobbing. Thalia simply stared back at me with shock. I knew Thalia was going to take this really hard as she'd been in love with him ever since she first met him. "I'm sorry Thalia. I'm sorry I couldn't save him." I was crying really hard just as Thalia's parents showed up. Once they saw me, I was immediately pulled into warm hugs.

"Oh my sweet Alina, we were so worried for you." Her mom, Marla exclaimed as she held me tightly. I loved Thalia's mom. She was amazing and cared for me as if I was her real daughter. Not once has she ever made me feel like I didn't have a mother. I felt Thalia's dad, Dave, pat my back gently as I sobbed in Thalia's mom's arms.

"This is why we don't like you doing this. This whole werewolf hatred group you joined is very dangerous." Dave said and I pulled away from Marla turning to him.

"I know. I shouldn't have joined it. Ever. Because of me, Eric is dead. Eric hated werewolves just as much as I do but he never thought he'd ever join the group. He never even thought of killing them until I suggested it. I feel horrible." I exclaimed, wiping my tears. I then looked around for Thalia, and noticed her not there.

"Where did Thalia go?" I asked as I ran towards the stairs and went up. I went to her room and found her sitting there, curled up into a little ball, crying. I felt horrible for her.

"I'm so sorry." I said frowning as I walked up to her.

"It wasn't your fault." She said as she looked up at me. I sat down beside her and locked my arms around her. We sat like that for hours, comforting each other.

*****

It had been a whole week since I've been back. I was at a meeting with the werewolf hunting group. They wanted to know everything I found out about werewolves. They wanted me to draw a layout of the palace. I did my best to tell them what I could. I told them everything about what happened to me there. Well everything except Danny.

I couldn't bring myself to tell them about him. I knew they would tell me to seduce him and make him tell us everything. I knew they would want me to use him. I knew they'd want me to kill him afterwards. I just didn't think I could and so I kept him a secret.

Another reason I kept him a secret was so that I could forget him. But no matter how hard I tried to, I just couldn't seem to get him out of my mind. I kept remembering his light brown eyes flecked with little bits of green. I kept remembering the dimples in his cheeks, and his messy brown hair. I still remembered the way his body felt pressed up against mine, the feel of his hands roaming all over my body and the way his lips felt against my skin. I could feel myself getting hot just thinking about him.

I immediately got up and ran out of the meeting room. I needed some air. I felt like I couldn't breathe in there. Thalia came running out after me, asking me if I was fine. I said I was alright and told her that I needed a little while to myself. I told her I'd be back inside soon enough. She nodded her head and left me to my own thoughts.