Chapter 1: A Queen's Life Story

Once upon a time, there was a world where genies lived and flew freely called Zanaraha. In that land, there lived a genie named Blue Diamond. She was the crowned princess and heir to the throne of Zanaraha. When the young princess came of age, she would become the next queen after her mother stepped down from the throne. But right now, Princess Blue Diamond was of age to marry and needed to find somebody to be her king.

And as fate would have it, there were two genies who wished to be her husband. White Diamond and Yellow Diamond were brothers with White being the older sibling so naturally, he believed he would be a befitting suitor for the queen-to-be. However, just as the brothers had their differences; they also had different ways of showing love.

Yellow Diamond saw Blue Diamond as a respectable person and treated her as such performing displays of chivalry and occasionally presenting her with gifts. The crowned princess smiled at how charming Yellow was and the feeling was definitely mutual.

White Diamond on the other hand had a radically different approach. He attempted to seduce the young princess into choosing him. Blue Diamond would often find White touching her whenever they were in the same room, outlining her curves with his hands. It almost seemed like White had more of a lust for the heir than a love. It made Blue Diamond very uncomfortable.

When the time finally came to choose a groom, the princess chose Yellow Diamond almost right away. White Diamond was extremely jealous of his younger brother. He didn't even attend his brother's wedding or the coronation of his now sister-in-law to be queen. He pretended to be happy for the new king and queen, but on the inside; his envy was burning his skin third degree.

King Yellow Diamond and Queen Blue Diamond ruled over Zanaraha with righteousness and compassion for many years. Their love for each other and their land had secured them a long, healthy reign.

But from the shadows, White Diamond watched the royal couple with a look of disdain in his eyes. He couldn't stand watching his brother with the genie that he wanted to married. That was when he happened upon a corrupt idea. If he could kill his brother, then he could have Queen Blue Diamond all to himself.

One night at dinner, Yellow and Blue Diamond conversed with White Diamond about a big plan they had for the future.

"We've been thinking a lot lately and we're considering about having a baby." the queen explained.

"Have you now." said White Diamond, trying to show some interest in the conversation.

"Oh yes, we're really looking forward to hearing the pitter patter of little feet." Yellow Diamond beamed.

"Well in that case, we should propose a toast to celebrate this joyous occasion." his elder brother suggested.

"What a wonderful idea, White." Queen Blue Diamond smiled as the three genies reached for their cups.

"Hold it, brother." White said, stopping his brother. "You simply can't propose a toast with an empty goblet. Allow me to get you a refill."

"Why thank you, White." the king complemented. "How kind of you."

The genie went off to refill the goblet, but he also secretively added two drops of a potent poison that he concocted himself. He returned his brother's goblet to him all while acting like he wasn't up to anything diabolical.

"To the promise of a healthy child!" Yellow and Blue chorused as the three genies raised goblets in the air.

"Long live the king." White Diamond muttered sinisterly.

As the trio sipped their drinks, King Yellow started to throw a coughing fit and dropped his goblet.

"Darling, what's the matter?" his wife asked with concern.

"It's poison!" the king sputtered.

"Someone get him to the bedroom, quickly!" Queen Blue issued. "Summon the apothecary!"

A couple of royal servents rushed Yellow to the master bedroom. Meanwhile, the royal apothecary worked anxiously to whip up an antidote for the poison. White Diamond, of course knew that it wouldn't work. For he had designed the poison to be immedicable. And because of that, the king perished despite everyone's best efforts to save him.

Queen Blue was utterly heartbroken.

"Dear Blue." White Diamond lamented, pretending to be sad. "I'm so sorry for your loss. It is a shame that such events have transpired. And just before the two of you could have a child."

"I just don't understand." the genie queen sobbed. "Who could've done this?"

"If only I knew." her brother-in-law dramatized. "It was indeed a heinous crime. Although in retrospect, Yellow would've made for a lousy king. Sure, he has great magical potent. But, his good heart rules out his ability to use it."

"What are you saying?" Blue Diamond inquired.

"I'm saying that a genie king or queen with magical prowess shouldn't have so much restraint to use their powers when it really counts." White Diamond explained. "And that's why I think I would've been a far better king and husband than my sorry excuse for a brother."

That was when the queen had a shocking epiphany.

"It was you." she said, pointing an accusative finger. "You put that poison in Yellow's goblet!"

"Well done, Blue." White commended to his sister-in-law. "I was beginning to wonder when you would clue in."

"How could you do that to your own brother?" the genie queen questioned, feeling disgusted by him.

"What does it matter?" her brother-in-law said, ducking the question. "You are without a husband now and Zanaraha is without a king. So marry me, unless you'd rather watch your kingdom fall apart."

"You think I'm just going to marry you, after what you've done?" the blue queen stood her ground. "I could never marry somebody who murdered their own brother!"

Hearing that made White Diamond very angry.

"You refuse to be my bride!?" he bellowed, rage boiling inside him. "Well, let's see how you feel after spending the next three thousand years trapped in a lamp!"

Using his magic, he summoned a golden lamp with blue gems encrusted in it. He rubbed the lamp vigorously and the queen's body began to turn into azure blue smoke. Then, he created a magical dust funnel that swept the lamp up to a portal that led to the realm of humans, a place where she would never find anyone to love her again.

"Good riddance." White Diamond muttered. "I don't need Blue. I can rule Zanaraha all on my own."

He used his powers to turn Yellow and Blue Diamond's thrones into a single throne for himself. Gladly, he sat down and gazed upon the throne room that was now his.

"From now on, I shall be the sole emperor of Zanaraha." he declared proudly and sinisterly. "And every genie will fear and respect me along with my power!"

His wicked cackle could be heard from all corners of the realm. A dark shadow had now enveloped the land of genies. The only genie who could stop Emperor White Diamond's reign of terror was the heir of Blue Diamond. But, the exiled queen had no children of any sort; yet.