Chapter 38: I want to be yours.

Dakota's P.O.V.

As Lydia and I are walking to the shop her phone rings.

"Hi love", she says. I'm guessing it's Ryan.

"We are almost at the car", Lydia says.

"Oh hun, we're going to get food", Lydia says in a sympathetic voice that makes me snap my head to look at her.

What's going on?

"We will go home and freshen up, and then we'll come get you. Are you at the same spot?", Lydia says.

Are we going to get Grayson? I hope so, I want to see him.

"I love you", Lydia says and hangs up.

"What's going on? Is Grayson okay?", I ask as we approach Lydia's car.

"Yes, he did great. You and I are going to go home and quickly freshen up and we will go pick them up", Lydia says.

"Wait why do we need to freshen up? Let's go get them now", I say confused.

"We're gonna freshen up, get them and then get dinner together", Lydia says.

"Oh, okay", I say, still a little confused.

When we get in the car I say, "Are you going to shower?".

"No, I'm just going to change my clothes", Lydia says.

"Okay. I'm going to quickly rinse off and then I'll be ready", I say.

"Oh you can take your time, no rush", Lydia says kindly.

When we pull up the house I get out and say, "I'll be ready in fifteen!".

"No rush!", Lydia says.

When I get inside I run upstairs and quickly undress and get in the shower. I decide to quickly wash my hair to get the sand out and wash my body.

When I'm done I check the time and see that six minutes has gone by, shit, I need to hurry up.

I put on blue jeans and one of my grandpa's sweaters that I cropped so it would fit me.

I brush out my hair and flip it a few times to get some of the water out. I put on some deodorant and then I open my bedroom door and yell down the hall, "I just need to put my shoes on!".

No response from Lydia, weird.

I slip on my sneakers and then grab my phone and backpack.

I run down stairs and say, "I'm ready Lydia! Lydia?".

I walk around but don't see her.

"Lydia? Where are you?", I ask and run back upstairs. I knock on her bedroom door but she doesn't answer. Where is Lydia?

I go back down stairs and say, "Lydia?". No answer.

I run to the front door and open it. I drop my bag and phone.

Her car is gone. She left without me. What the hell is going on?

I quickly open my back pack and grab my car keys. I guess I have to drive myself.

I lock the front door and run to my car. When I get in my car I close my eyes and take a deep breath and drive.

I decide to park by the shop and run to the boardwalk instead of paying to park in the main parking lot. I put on my back pack and start running toward the beach. As I'm approaching the entrance to the beach I hear sirens coming from behind me. I stop and turn around and see an ambulance driving toward the boardwalk. Is it for him? Please don't let it be for him.