Chapter 31: It's You.

Hey guys I'm so sorry it took me so long to upload this!!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Grayson's P.O.V.

Lydia said I can have the rest of the day off because the shop is slow so I'm going to spend it with Dakota.

We're walking to the boardwalk when my phone rings. I pull it out and it's my chief, "Uh hey Kota, can we stop for a second? I need to take this?".

"Yeah sure no problem", Dakota says kindly.

I walk away and answer my phone and say,  "Hello sir", quietly.

"Am I going to have to call you every time I want an update? And why are you whispering?", he asks angrily.

"No sir, and I'm with a friend", I emphasize the word friend so I don't have to say that I'm with Dakota.

"Oh, I see, well good work. I will call back later", he says and hangs up.

I walk back to over Dakota who is smiling and she says, "Everything alright?".

"Yeah, everything's great", I say with my most convincing smile.

"Cool. So what do you wanna do first?", Dakota asks as we approach the entrance to the boardwalk.

"Do you like roller coasters?", I ask Dakota.

"For the most part yes, I just don't like the ones that spin you really fast", I say.

"Oh, well then we will have to change that today", I say as we walk to the drop tower ride that's at the entrance of the rides.

Dakota laughs and says, "Good luck with that".

When we stop walking I walk up to her and say, "Do I need to remind you that I always get what I want?". Her eyes go big and she says, "No, I remember. But I do not like those rides, I might get sick".

I take a step closer and say, "How do you know if you've never been on them?".

Dakota's face gets red and she looks to her right and says,  "Oh the line moved come on".

She tries to walk away but I grab her hand and turn her around to face me and say, "Hey, you will be fine". She doesn't say anything but nods her head and then walks to the front of the line and I follow her.

While we are waiting in line a guy across from Dakota whistles and says, "Damn, I'd tap that".

Dakota turns around and says, "What did you say asshole?".

Holy shit she's hot when she's angry.

"You heard me, you are looking fine today", the guy says and looks her up and down. Dakota tries to take a step forward but I step in front of her and say, "Just leave her alone".

Dakota moves to my side and says, "Grayson I can defend myself".

"Yeah, she can play hard to get all on her own", the guy says with a laugh.

I'm about to beat the actual shit out of this guy right now.

Dakota runs forward and grabs him by his collar and pulls him so he's leaning over the railing.

"Listen me to you ignorant asshole, you don't get to speak to me or anyone else that way. I might be a young girl but I will bring your ass to the ground in front of all these people right now", Dakota says in a voice I've never heard from her that honestly scares me a little.

The guy gets red and nods and his head and Dakota says, "Good" and lets go of him.

The few people around say, "wow" and "damn" under their breaths, and I don't blame them.