Chapter 18: Our First Date.

Hey guys! I would love it if you guys could leave some feedback in the comments? Thanks, i love you all!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Grayson's P.O.V.

I get back to the taco shop right at 1:30 and it's still pretty slow.

I walk to counter and Lydia says, "Was there something going on at the boardwalk today? It's awfully slow".

"Oh, uh no, I didn't see anything. It was slow at the boardwalk too", I say as I clock back in.

"Oh, weird", Lydia says as she gets ready to leave.

"Hey Lydia", I say quickly.

"Yeah Grayson?", she asks.

"I was wondering...what do you think of Dakota?", I ask nervously.

"Well I don't know her well but she seems kind and caring. I think once she's settled in she will open Thanks us" Lydia says.

How does Lydia always know exactly what to say?

"Yeah, you're right. ThankLydia", I say with a smile.

"No problem. I'll see you tonight for dinner?", she asks before leaving.

I laugh and say, "Yes, I have to make up for last night".

Lydia laughs and says, "Okay, see you then".

I have to figure out how I am going to get Dakota to reveal this supposed "secret" to me. Maybe tomorrow when we go to the boardwalk I can try to get her to open up...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Dakota's P.O.V.

After Lewis and I have been in the water for a while I say to him, "Hey I'm going to put some more sunscreen on, I'll be right back".

"Okay", Lewis says and continues riding the waves.

When I get out of the water I check the time and see that it's already three. I wonder what time Lewis will have to leave?

"Hey Kota! You coming?", Lewis asks from in the water.

"Just a sec!", I call to him. I put more sunscreen on and then run back in the water.

"It's already three, what time do you have to leave?", I ask Lewis.

"Are you already trying to get rid of me?", Lewis asks.

I shove him and say, "No, of course not. I just want to make sure you can drive home safely and not be too tired".

"Right", he says and winks.

I walk to Lewis and hug him and say, "Can I ask you something?".

"Of course", he says.

"Why were you with Sasha for so long if you didn't want to spend the right of your life with her?".

Lewis pulls away and says, "What? Why are you asking me this?".

"When did you know you didn't love her in that way?", I ask, avoiding his question.

"Kota, please", Lewis says and reaches for my hand but I pull away before he can grab it.

"Lewis, please answer the question", I say.

"The day...the day of our grad party", Lewis says slowly.

The tears come fast. What?

"Kota, please say something", Lewis says quietly.