Chapter 33: Secrets Exposed.

Hey you guys! I'm so so sorry I haven't been uploading consistently, I have been super busy preparing to go back to school and training for a new job.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Grayson's P.O.V.

I wasn't expecting tonight to go this way, and I especially wasn't expecting to meet my chief in person this way.

Dakota's dad....is my chief. The moment I heard him speak I recognized his voice and quickly put the pieces together. He keeps calling me because he wants to know how his DAUGHTER is doing.

I don't understand why he's freaking out when this is what he wanted. He wanted Dakota to break up with Lewis so I could get closer to her to find out her so called secret, so why is he so upset?

Maybe he's just trying to be a good father? Maybe he didn't want their friendship to end, just their relationship as boyfriend and girlfriend? I have a feeling I'll find out later.

Dakota and I just got home from our and date and we are standing outside of Ryan and Lydia's house. When we got here Dakota's dad's car was in the driveway and when we got out he walked outside yelling, wondering where Dakota was.

Her dad said that she broke up with Lewis because of me, and that she when she first saw me she had love at first sight.

I backed away from her out of shock. After a moment I move to stand behind Dakota again.

"Goodbye, dad", she says to her dad.

"Oh no, you are coming home with me to see Lewis now", Dakota's dad says and starts walking toward her.

Dakota raises her voice and says, "What?! No I'm not!", and backs up.

She trips over my feet but I catch her and pull her to my side.

Lydia and Ryan run over to her dad and Ryan says, "John wait a second, let's talk about this".

"What is there to talk about? She needs to talk to Lewis", my dad says and walks toward me.

Dakota takes a step back and says, "No I'm not going! YOU sent me here because YOU thought it would be good for me! And then you come here after I've been here for a WEEK and tell me to come home?! No, I'm staying here. Everyone standing here welcomed me and made this moving process so smooth. Grayson here took care of me yesterday after I got sick even though he didn't have too. I didn't chose anyone over Lewis, okay? Yes I had feelings for Lewis, a part of me always will, but we rushed into our relationship way too quickly".

Wow. Dakota is so mature and responsible. She did what she thought was best for her and Lewis instead of going into a relationship she wasn't sure she wanted to be in to begin with.

"You will not speak to me that way. You are coming home, end of discussion", her dad says and takes a step forward.

Dakota made it perfectly clear she doesn't want to go home, but her dad won't give up. Why is he doing this?

I decide to play along with whatever it is he's doing and step in front of Dakota and say, "She said she's not going".

Lydia comes over to us and says, "Grayson, think about what you're doing".
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Dakota's P.O.V.

My dad is acting so weird, he's such a calm person so for him to be raising his voice like this is out of character for him. He's a lot like Lewis - the two of them get along really well.

Wait...he's just like Lewis. I wonder if my dad is worried he's not going to see Lewis as much since Lewis and I are not speaking right now. I wonder if that's why he's acting this way - why he's so bothered by it.